Thread: Biometrics...Fingerprint Scanner

Biometrics...Fingerprint Scanner

I just got a Microsoft Fingerprint scanner for my birthday (http://www.eyenetwatch.com/biosecuri...int-reader.htm) now when i try to store password for websites it stores them but when i dcan my finger it shows the dialog for storing it again and doesnt log me in, does it have to do because its a secure connection ?? If anybody has one of these and can help me, please reply. It works with AOL Instant Messanger and Windows Logon....
    O.G at A.O

I never use such thing(never heard of such thing actualy) but I suggest trying to save the cookies in your computer.
    The access to the computer or
    anything else that shows us how the
    world works must be total and
    unlimited.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You are using the same finger every time aren't you?

I had to ask.... It's you and this is me...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Lol yeah i refistered four fingers and use my point finger every time. I forgot i was using firefox and this was a microsoft product. I tried it with IE and worked perfectly...so its most likely firefox related...
    O.G at A.O

Have your tried using a gummy bear on your scanner yet? A guy in my class has one of those that he brought in and as long as the authorized user has touched it last (which normally is the case) just push a gummy bear on top and it will read the last oil fingerprint that touched it. So when you leave your desktop wipe that thing off.

Unlike the fingerprint scanners that you slide your finger accross this method with the gummy bear can't work.
    Thanks,
    jrumj

Wait for the patch

See if u can return it and get something that works with firefox:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0219586

EDIT/ Looks like the APC one doesn't work with firefox either.

Look into http://www.123id.us/

Try updating firefox too

Following my esteemed colleague Tiger~'s lead:

I just got a Microsoft Fingerprint scanner for my birthday
    That's funny, I got a pair of 32" bolt cutters..............mua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

nihil, your comment took about 10 seconds to set in, and actually made me cringe.
    but on a serious note copyright, you might consider in using reading software other than what came with it. grfinger is supposed to be with compatible with the hardware, if it doesnt have the capiblity you need im sure theres other third party apps out there that could.