Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrating computer problem

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Make sure it's good quality, power supplies are not the component to go cheap on, maybe if you tell me what video cards you have I can tell you what power supply to look for...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    you did disable the Mo/Bo video ??
    it could be a conflict between that and the GPX card ............
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AFLAAACKKK!!
    AFAIK, I don't think there are any PCI-E motherboards with onboard video...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Actually I think the duck is right on the money with the 12v rail, but I'm not sure if it's that he's missing or a cable that comes with the video card that connects to the mobo.

My brother had the exact same problem when he built his computer, he building it at around 12am after doing Cable Managment (CM) and stuff. We were extremely frustrated when it didn't turn on. First thing was that he put the video card in the wrong PCIe Slot (Check your mobo manual to make sure you're putting it in the right one). Apparantly his mobo (Lanparty) had one for the videocard. Also he forgot to connect either a cable that goes on the mobo or on the PSU, I'm not sure which one since I wasn't there to see it and only asked him about it.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Neither of my motherboards have onboard video. They both only have 1 PCI Express x16 slot. I have a Evga Nvidia 6600LE video card. I just bought an Antec 450 watt powersupply ATX 12V v2.0 Smart Power. It was around $80. And well I have bad news. Nothing happened again, no video. I have no idea what the problem could be. 2 mobos, 2 video cards new powersupply and still no picture.

Have you tried a different monitor?

Its a very starange problem indeed!

A good help would be to get your case speacker working and see if the MoBo is giving off any error codes at all.

Have you checked all the jumpers on the MoBO against what it should be in the manual to make sure the are all in the correct positions?

Can you post the model/make of your MoBo?

When you are assembling it are you taking all the relevant Anti-Static precautions?

Some of the PCIe graphics card have adaptors for TFT monitors to plug into them, are you using one of these?

Can you confirm that the monitor is definatley getting power, does it have any lights on it etc?

Originally posted here by Nokia
    Have you tried a different monitor?

Its a very starange problem indeed!

A good help would be to get your case speacker working and see if the MoBo is giving off any error codes at all.

Have you checked all the jumpers on the MoBO against what it should be in the manual to make sure the are all in the correct positions?

Can you post the model/make of your MoBo?

When you are assembling it are you taking all the relevant Anti-Static precautions?

Some of the PCIe graphics card have adaptors for TFT monitors to plug into them, are you using one of these?

Can you confirm that the monitor is definatley getting power, does it have any lights on it etc?
    I have tried a different monitor. Both monitors work and have lights on them.
    One of the MOBOs is a IntelĀ® Desktop Board D945PSN and the other one is an ASUS P5LD2, both are compatible with dual core CPUs LGA 775.
    The video cards I am using don't require any additional connections but to be plugged into the PCI express x 16 slot.
    I do take all the necessary anti static precautions. I wear one of those anti static wrist strap things and put it on a metal part of the case.
    ????

Can you give us the brand and model number of your video card? Maybe we'll be able to dig something up..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

One video card is an EVGA NVIDIA 6600LE
    The other one is a Kaser NVIDIA 6600.
    Both are PCI Express and both are 256MB each.

I'm stumpted, you seemed to have eliminated every possibility (Mobo, PSU & Videocard). The only possibility I can think of is a bad connection. Check your video card manual and reconnect everything how they say and also the motherboard manual for anything on the PCIe slot that you might have overlooked. Make sure that the Video card fan is actually spinning by the way.