Thread: Stingray

Stingray

Hello everybody,
    Well, I'am back with a question. Has anybody heard of 'Stingray Firewall"? You plug it between your DSL or Cable modem and the cp and forget it. Is this new or some kind of a joke. You don't have to configure it or anything.

Freddy
    cybnut

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Try THIS link.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

That sounds pretty cool... if you end up getting one, please let us know how it works out...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I don't think it is a joke. And that article wanted to say you don't need to do various configuration.
    The access to the computer or
    anything else that shows us how the
    world works must be total and
    unlimited.

I have read that article. I was wondering if anyone have try one. I didn't want to spend the $$$ without some real input on how well it worked.
    cybnut

Never heard of it. When something sounds too good to be true, it almost always is. I'm not going to waste my time picking this thing apart, although I might buy one just to bring it to its knees next month. (I just bought an acoustic bass.)
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

We have about 150 of them for our laptop users. We tested them quite a bit when we where thinking about bringing them in (NMAP, Nessus, SuperScan...etc.) They seem to work as advertised. My only problem is, even though the users have them, there is no way I can ensure they use them, other than telling them they will die if they don't.

Cheers:
    DjM

My only problem is, even though the users have them, there is no way I can ensure they use them, other than telling them they will die if they don't.
    DJM, you say there are about 150 yeah, well if you kill one or maybe two .... erm, actually, three is a great number, let me start again.

You have 150 people, you kill 3 of them, string 2 up in the foyer of your work place, and you give 1 to the dinnerladies to make into cutlets or a stew... be creative. Provided you have asked them to use the firewalls, I think you will find they will all use them without fail.

I think it will help if you lock the doors at about 11:15 on monday morning.

Hope this helps

Heeeeeeeeerrrees Jonny
    Sarcasm is a way of life

I think I'll work at turning my old hardware into a firewall. I got some good information from my other post. Thanks for all your input. Let's hold off on any killing Djm, I've seen enough death to last my through eternity. You can never get it out of your mind. Later.

Freddy
    cybnut