Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impeach Bush

Impeach Bush

President George W. Bush and Treasury Secretary John Snow are struggling to explain why they didn't know until several days ago about a state-owned Dubai company's takeover of seaport facilities in New York and five other U.S. cities.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...SDQX4&refer=us

I guess the good news is that, with this stuff happening, there's no way
    that "homeland security" could be as big and bad as we had feared. What do
    you call this, "asleep at the switch?". Did someone get bribed?

And Dubai is also known as United Arab Emirates, UAE. Wasn't UAE what
    it said on all the doors on the original DOOM? WTF?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

UAE is actually a pretty decent country. But 2 of the hijackers were UAE. Dubai is a cool city and no I don't expect the president to know every contract that is laid out especially at every single port of the US. The port authority is not wholly responsible for port security the Coast Guard is along with border agencies that are not contracted. But considering the desire of many Americans to tighten borders, this isn't the greatest idea although it could be a good move politically as in gaining more grown in the political front of Islam. There are too many variables. Hell give it to Haliburton!
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AOs Resident Troll
    Heres another way to get him impeached...worked before

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Breaking Headline on CNN: Referring to debate over foreign operations of U.S.
    ports, President Bush says "people don't need to worry about security."
    'nuff said.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Doom = UAC

United Aerospace Corporation or something.

I'm just surprised it is not a Suadi company that got the contract. Still I dont know where the problem is they are already managed by a forign company P&O.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

I am with you Muracu but I think the issue is with hijackers being from the UAE. The UAE is an ally of the States and is helping us but they have holes. For instance it is known that Al Qaeda has funneled resources through there. But at the same time many ports are operated by corporations with foreign ties. In this case the contract is being awarded to a government with two heads. One much stronger that works with America and one much weaker though existing that hates America.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Doom = UAC

United Aerospace Corporation or something.
    Union Aeorospace Corporation
    West of House

Hmmmm,

If you do not understand the difference between owning stocks and leases and actually running things, perhaps you should not comment?

If you really want to get paranoid, just look at the amount of stuff the DoD outsources, and the shysters they do it to

Well well. The US gov't has decided to have the major ports on the east coast run by a company headed out of the United Arab Emirates.

Of course, the UAE is a key ally of the US, but we wonder; after all, it wasn't that long ago that Iraq was an ally. Does it make sense to have your major ports run by a company out of the UAE? Would anyone in their right mind consider that there wouldn't be a strong possibility of security issues around this?

Does anyone in the current Whitehouse have a brain? Hello Hello.