Roberto Calderoli: Bravest Man Alive!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto Calderoli: Bravest Man Alive!

Banned

Roberto Calderoli: Bravest Man Alive!

Roberto Calderoli for Bravest Man alive!

Deep embitterment" was expressed this morning by Hamza Piccardo, the secretary of the Union of Islamic Communities and Organisations in Italy (UCOII), over the gesture made by Minister Roberto Calderoli in deciding to be seen in public wearing a T-shirt with the cartoon sketches that have caused such uproar around the Islamic world, printed on it. "It is sad to have people like this in the Italian government. Carderoli does not appreciate the difference between political provocation and the this sort of absolutely shameful act in a difficult climate like the current one" said Piccardo on Radio Popolare. He added; "the minister does not realise that beyond that which is the sensibility of Moslems is the sensibility of the faithful. He does not appreciate that he is putting the image of Italy, which has already been compromised by the actions of this government, at risk. Her doesn't understand that our exports to Arab countries is being seriously effected and that many of his voters are businessmen that export to those countries." He concluded: "I must say, that we did not expect sensitivity from this minister but we at least hope that he is able to appreciate where the country's bests interests lie." (AGI) -
    I don't even friggin know how to reply to this one...

Re: Roberto Calderoli: Bravest Man Alive!

Ugh, considering that this is Italy, the bastion of Roman Catholicism...more tact could definately have been due. He should have been wearing a matching hat with "Extremist Ammunition" written across it. Maybe this will give them another reason to call for elections? They seem to like doing that.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    I think it's ridiculous to even be upset over the cartoons...and he was probably trying to make that point...buddha is sold in shops as tokens or greet you when you enter an asian restaurant...jesus has been replaced by a santa claus...everywhere you go you see bumper stickers or listen to comedians tearing up religions...there are books out their that suggest they don't exist, that jesus was a homosexual, etc...

moslems should be exempt from being made fun of...exempt from being mocked or ridiculed?

I think they need to get a sense of humor and lighten up...or at the very least loosen the turban because it might be cutting off circulation to their brains.

Eg

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I think someone is going to try and end his stay on the great ball we call earth next time he wears that shirt lol. But I agree people are making to much of these CARTOONS!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

It just gets sadder and sadder, we just had a young local kid who is currently going to a grammar school (of all places) here in Halifax, and after he canvassed other students, including Muslims, he reprinted the cartoon with the depiction of Muhammed (supposedly as no one has really seen this person) wearing a turban with the old keystone kops bomb in it, for the school student paper.

Well the school administration has since pulled the paper, mollifying those that were supposedly insulted, and are forcing the young guy to write an apology on Monday, well this has hit the papers, and he rightly has come forward accusing the school of censorship, he is unsure of his status and has allready said he will write the apology.

I believe he has nothing to apologise for, I think the community will support him, if anything the school administration by censoring this has opened a can of worms, they should have left well enough alone, as the students were supportive of this kids motives and intentions, which was all about the news, not to insult or be insensitive.He just wanted to open up a dialogue between the Christian and Muslim students.

There is far too much muzzling going on......and that Italian is very brave, too bad there weren't more like him..

Full Story of Student
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I was under the impression that Europeans (rightly or wrongly) tended to be pro-Arab (I know that all Arabs aren't Moslems). Does anyone think that the cartoon incident and the Iran situation will lead to long term animosity?

I think freedom of speech is a good thing and I think religion (well, Christianity is a good thing. While I can see where the Moselems would be offended, I don't think violence is the answer. I don't like it when people make fun of Jesus, but one of the things he taught was that Christians are to love even their enemies.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I don't think it matters whether it was meant as an insult or to be offensive...funny or just plain controversal...

people really need to lighten-up...you can't even open your mouth these days without offending someone...like walking on glass, 'ooohhhhhhh, better not say that, the person/group/society will take it the wrong way'

people really need to get over this...we went from the ' me ' generation in the 80's...to now 'the sensitive people generation of political correctness' in the 90's and 00's...

geeeeeez are we really that thin-skinned...what ever happened to ' sticks and stones ' ?...

I'm waiting for the ' I really don't give a rats a@@ ' generation to come along.

Eg

Banned
    Update

Calderoli resigned under pressure from his government...
    Libian protesters set the Italian embassy in Benghazi on fire, and 11 of them were killed and 35 wounded when army troops opened fire...

Banned
    Has anyone else noticed this... The blacks started the civil rights movement, the Jews turned to education and business, etc.

The Muslims... When they were discriminated against, they started setting Europe on fire and killing people who had nothing to do with it.

What the **** could possibly convince somebody that violent protests are a good was to change an image of violence?

I support anyone who wears those shirts, and anyone who publishes the cartoons.

Freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

And free beer for all.

Calderoli resigned under pressure from his government...
    Libian protesters set the Italian embassy in Benghazi on fire, and 11 of them were killed and 35 wounded when army troops opened fire...
    Now this isn't a condemnation of Islam or Moslems ( they don't have the market cornered on extremists or fanatical behaviour )...but...this only continues to prove the age old saying that anyone who wants to be in power is unfit to rule.

Eg