Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining CD KEY from game

Obtaining CD KEY from game

I wanted to start playing a game that i used to play back in the day. The problem is it requires 2 CD KEYS, one for the original game and one for the expansion. I have all the cd's, but no case's, therefore I don't have one of the cd keys (expansion). My question is, is there anyway to view what cd key is being used on my old computer where it is already installed, so i can install it on my new computer?

Well it would help if you told us the name/version of the game?

I assume that you know the folder it is located in................have you tried just a straight copy onto your new machine?

Have you attempted to contact the software supplier? after all, if you have it on the old machine you should be able to convince them that you have a legitimate copy.

OK, they may not be that interested as the game sounds really old?

Not enough information as yet my friend.

And why have you not got the cases? are you into CD abuse?

If you are looking for a cd key try searching HERE I can't say for sure that it will be here or that it will work because I do not know what game this is. What game?

And why would you lose your key? LOL J/K

I am not sure if there is a policy about listing sites like the above. Please notify me if that is the case and I will delete/edit this post.
    Thanks,
    jrumj

Originally posted here by nihil
    ...And why have you not got the cases? ..

Originally posted here by JRUMJ
    And why would you lose your key? LOL J/K
    Well someones got to say it! *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *copies* *Cough* *Cough* *Cough*
    Common on now, I'm sure we're thinking that... Because those keys are gold and I don't know of anyone who doesn't safeguard them.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Diablo2 Lord of Destruction...and no i put all my games in a big cd case like 2 or 3 years ago and only wrote down the Diablo 2 key, not the expansion. I dont want just any ol key, i want the one on this machine.....Its gotta be here somewhere.
    The reason i need it is to get on battle.net

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    bite the bullet
    buy a copy on Ebay ??

not gonna be too much
    and will save the time and effort too.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The reason i need it is to get on battle.net
    I did a little looking in google and yep, it has to be the key for that specific CD or they will ban you and it from batttle.net. They have already banned over 28,000!

It is possible the key may be on your old box, you'd have to find the folder and be able to recognize what it was. Most likely it is encrypted as well. I'll do some more digging online as well.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Thank you, and yeah I cant just get some random serial. I need the one off of this box.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Oh dear....

Search the registry for the name of the game, the manufacturer or any other piece of identifying information the game might have....You'll often find it in there in plain text... Sometimes it will be encoded but a simple copy and paste into the appropriate place will open it up...

Jeez guys.. this is hardly "hacking"....

PS, if you mess up and get banned... Oh well...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

BANNED
    I know the password in a .moq file and it can be viewed but that was sso long ago that I played this game and due to it's popularity it's hard to sort throught the google. But' if I don't find it here's a cheaper way to get a cd-key.
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0133p
    CD-Key missing or damaged:
    You will need to mail in the CD case for the missing CD-Key to the P.O. box listed below. If the CD case is also missing please send in the manual in its place. A $10 US dollar money order (per game) is required to cover shipping and handling costs, no personal check or cash will be accepted.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...