Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Microsoft not using Windows much on critical tasks.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    OH.. OH... Raises Hand...

Can't _possibly_ resist this.... AT ALL...

'Cos he has a job!!!!!!!

Sorry... Cruel and unusual and all that....

Just too much for me to resist... I'm an utter bitch....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Just too much for me to resist... I'm an utter bitch....
    A 20 minute drive and my webcam could prove that.

And how is "Cause he has a job" somehow at me? My job is here, it may not make me drive a great car but I don't owe out anything right now.

For Tiger Shark:

An error message almost as big as your mouth.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/4630

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29832

Hey gore, the next best thing to 15 SuSE servers is a subscription to one of the British Linux magazine. The Brits have the B E S T computer magazines hands down. American mags are RUBBISH.

PC Tools
    PC Format

Ah hold on I'll take a picture.... some hottie in cube zed zed alpha has a camera. I think she needs a cup of coffee....

brb
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

GPL (and others like it) are what make Open Source--Open Source. How can Microsoft have a problem with the GPL and not have a problem with Open Source? They may or may not like the quaility of LInux, but it seems from some of their past statements, they have made criticisms of the FOSS model.
    Hold on I just saw this. Open source and gpl to me are NOT the same. Sure they are both open source, but companies were stealing open source and packaging it into proprietary software and licensing it. Open source does not prevent that. There is no inherent restriction anyone can use it and do anything they want. GPL does have restriction. With GPL any free open source software distributed using the GNU license must remain free and ANY software using ANY part of the GPL code MUST remain free of any fees. I can see why MS would not want to use it. They could NOT charge or license their services.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Originally posted here by hjack
    Find the whole story here.

*fans the fire*

Ry
    Wooooo 4 % for Microsoft....20 % growth for Linux.

Linux IS growing but beware numbers. I don't know where those come from but say windows has 100 units with a 4 percent growth. That would be a growth of 4. Linux has 20 with a 20 percent growth on the same scale. That means Linux also grew by 4.

Don't you HATE math?

It's still 104 to 24. But add in millions and then billions. No it does not change the growth, just adds perspective. And to add the twist that article places windows on top.
    West of House