OMFG snake
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMFG snake

Angry OMFG snake

Howdy.

Anyhow long story short i was cutting through a park and the next thing i knew i was doing ninja flips backwards.
    Anyhow i looked at the ground where i was about to step and this is what i was about to step on.

I'm not sure what type of snake that it is but a few people on an Irc channel think it's either a taipan, or a brown and yellow belly black..

and my backs been sore all day since i did those ninja type moves

cheers
    f2b

Hmmmm,

Doesn't look like a Taipan to me. And you are not really in taipan territory? besides, they are quite shy unless you p1$$ them off?

My money would be on the common (eastern) brown snake. They are pretty plentiful over the whole of Eastern Oz.

How big was it?

He's in aussi land, he's in their land. To be honest they do look quite a bit like a taipan. I'm not familiar enough with Aussie snakes to be certain it couldn't be something else, but that looks a lot like one to me (But you can't tell what kind of head it has which means a lot here) it could be a brown snake though.

http://www.faunanet.gov.au/wos/factfile.cfm?Fact_ID=294

http://www.wildlife-australia.com/eastern%20brown.htm

Because the head looks slender I will agree with Nihil.. Eastern Brown..

I hope you've had a chance to change your undies..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Yeah, shame the pics aren't from the front, however if i'm honest there would be no way i would go round the front of it, in its path just for a pic.

In fact being the wimp i am i think if it was me any pic i would have taken wouldn't have been anywhere near that quality
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Hey! That's not an Adelaide Trouser Snake, is it?

Couldn't resist. Sorry.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Originally posted here by nihil

How big was it?
    It was big enough to give me a fright, anyhow i imagine if i picked it up and stood it next to me then it would of reached my hips..
    I'm about the same height as a door so it would probably would of been half a door long, if that makes any sense.
    and close to the thickness of a 600ml bottle...

Originally posted here by zencoder
    Hey! That's not an Adelaide Trouser Snake, is it?

Couldn't resist. Sorry.
    Nah the only think that they have in there trouser's in adelaide are baggies of drugs..

f2b

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    It's looks about the same as our garter snake and about as long...we used to hunt them down by the river all the time as kids...

my question is...do you always carry a camera doing back-flips

my question is...do you always carry a camera doing back-flips
    Nope and my backs really hurting from the acrobatic routine i did while dodging the snake.
    and the pictures were taken with my PDA, it's a HP thingy cost a fortune but the picture quality is awesome..

the snake didn't really seem interested in my presence, i could of gotten a few more photos, but i didn't want to temp fate and get bitten..

Hmmm,

About 3 feet or one metre...................I would expand my guess to a 12 month old female Eastern Brown.

They don't normally attack, and that one was obviously discretely leaving?...............you forgot to send her a Valentine's card didn't you?..................Have you thought of sending your pics to the herpetologists at Melbourne Uni?