Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for banning

Anyway... The majority of people banned have actually done something wrong. Or that is severe enough to be banned. There are however a small percentage of people that are banned for personal reasons. agh... such is life.
    Well to be honest, it seems like the majority of people banned are actually you!

Do I start a good thread or what!

The Endless Jonny Frondless
    Sarcasm is a way of life

So just out of curiosity, if someone verbally abused another member with personal insults, would they also be banned, or just it just go for abusing your highnesses erm I mean mods on this totalitarian site of ours.

I'm high but not from power. What is up with you lately anyway? We got along fine and now you're acting like I'm acting all high and mighty. Do YOU want to sit here for 8 hours a day while putting your emotions away and doing what's best for all? And at the same time have people jump up and down on you because you aren't doing what THEY want?

As for your question, you mean if someone said you were fat ugly and stupid would they be banned? Point it out. (As long as it wasn't a joke and you were aware of this).

EDIT:

I now realise why Neg is pissed so often. And why he drnks. People who have no clue what goes into modding AO or how it works assuming you're a power tripping *****.... Damn, I don't even drink and I need beer right now. When I asked the community "What would you think of me modding" not "I should be a mod" but "do you think I should?" You replied there to saying it was high and mighty of me.

Where does this come from?

I wasnt refering to any particular post/thread or moderator, I was just asking out of curiosity, as in if someone says you are fat,ugly and stupid to a mod, quite rightly they would be banned but what if that comment was made by a non moderating mamber to another in a malicious way, would they too be banned?

I already said point it out and be sure both people aren't joking around.

OK, so say it is pointed out and both people arnt joking around.. would the member who made the abusive post be banned?

Even though it's not a mod that doesn't change the fact that they were being abusive. these type fo things are usually on a case by case. If you write in stone, you can't erase. A good example:

I was in MANY flame wars. Most of the time the people knew I was joking but once someone did take it seriously and reported me. Looked it over and they decided it wasn't needed.

See what I talk about, is PERSONAL attacks. Not this little kids **** you see every day here.

As for mods acting high and mighty.... Lol that's sort of saying when two doctors walk into a restaraunt and see a kid taking out the trash and thinking "That kid is being so high and mighty".... lol.

EDIT:

Realised you said ABUSIVE post. Abusive posts? Depends how bad it was really. PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Do YOU want to sit here for 8 hours a day while putting your emotions away and doing what's best for all? And at the same time have people jump up and down on you because you aren't doing what THEY want?
    Yes, actually, do I get expenses and a company car that I can sell for a bike?

Jonny Frontriversial
    Sarcasm is a way of life

No my dear full frontal frondolobotomy..............you cracked under interrogation and admitted to riding a Laverda.

Now a 1048 Black shadow would be acceptable........................ Even a 600 Manx Norton.......but a Laverda? Ack! Phttt!

Nokia what would you do with this:

I used to think you were just clueless, now I see you're just ignorant, arrogant, and stubborn.
    Just asking

I would probably read it.

Then ignore it, as it would take more that a few words from someone I dont know or ever will know to wind me up. Why?

Like someone said - arguing on the internet is like shouting at someone on the TV.