Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons for banning

Reasons for banning

Hi there,

Now I have read the rules of this site and in fact looked round pretty much most of it, bar reading all the posts (lets be real shall we) and I am amazed at how many people get banned. And I spose more amazed that I haven't been with my irrelevet quips and stunning chiselled features. I always look at the hidden posts in a thread, and I am very glad that you have chosen that way of dealing with it instead of some sites where they just delete you from the planet and log your IP and probably MAC address (if that's possible) in order to make sure you don't come back.

So I would be interested in what it is that gets people banned. I realise posting how to's and actual slices of working code is a no no, as I understand that you don't need to know exactly how to do something to protect yourself from it. You don't need to know how to punch someone to know how to step aside when some one does punch you (or is that my sad advanced martial arts that has trained me to see a punch and be able to step to the side before his fist is up). And I understand that annoying the hell out of the admin dudes is probably not the best either, though god I've tried.

But seriously, I am interested as I see a lot of people here for the blink of an eye.

Your comments might be helpfull to some.

Judge Jonnny
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Most common:

1) Post whore
    2) Use the word "poop" as signature
    3) Use any combination of "S" "P" "E" "C" as username
    4) mess with gore / TS
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Jonny, my Frond little plantain, please allow uncle banana to explain the facts of life to you?

Not many "real people" get banned from this site; either myself, or a fellow member of the "Brotherhood" (put on a pinnafore and roll up your right trouser leg, nudge, nudge, wink, wink) will "deal" with them.

There is one particular sociopath who cannot accept rejection..................he keeps on returning.........and banned .........he has IMO comitted a few criminal offences on this website.

Now, let us get onto you.............are you a nonce?, have you ever sought protection under section 33(red) of the British prisons code?

I think that you take the point?

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    4) mess with gore / TS
    If that were the case SDK would have been gone LONG ago. To add to what was already said:

Every mod here has their own little policy. Part of mine includes PERSONAL attacks on mods. I don't mean joking around, but whenyou go after a mod personally (Meaning, yes you can in fact point out when you're unhappy with them or their service) but when you attack them as a person or make it personal, then, you're gone. It's not easy being a mod and watching over everyone, and no one doing it should have to put up with someone going after them because they don't like them.

I really find it intresting i only way i came to know about antionline was by google and after i read many intresting post in the discussion form, but please explain why do people get banned ,i remember one user who at one time suggested many books for further refrence to another user(i dont remember details) and that person being that knowledgable(?) was banned by A.O .What defences does one have against being banned for no reason at all. I sure know one site(not A.O) is loosing popularity because of internal politics b/w mods and admins,i mean the hacked site wasnot restored properly,last time i checked.PLEASE POST A LINK WHERE REASONS FOR BANNING(a member) ARE CLEARLY MENTIONED.
    you look up and a bird shits in the sky ,you fall on your knees and thank god that buffalos dont fly.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    PLEASE POST A LINK WHERE REASONS FOR BANNING(a member) ARE CLEARLY MENTIONED.
    Here you go (technically this is where the reasons for banning -- aka termination -- are spelled out): Legal Notices.

In the end, however, there is a certain amount of discretion that is allowed a moderator to make a decision on banning someone. If you think that someone has been unbanned fairly, send an email to JPNYC or intmon.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

The point is that mods don't ban you for life..............The website does...............and they have that right and that authority.

Grow up, or go away?

Dear good Sir nihil,
    As a confirmed biker, complete with (sympathy vote) broken leg, I know a little bit about prison, never been there, but know people who have....it comes with the territory. So I can, hand on heart, confirm that "no, I am not a nonce". I will stop there, it is a very charged subject and I am at that age where my best mates have little tykes to look out for.

Style, that means I can stay then, good for me. But I have to warn you, if I stay, my ego stays too.

Jonny Frond

Dear mods, can we make that a little bigger, and mabe some lights around it?
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Hi caposapo,

1) Post whore

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Hey, I'm no.1

Eg

Frondopoodle

As a confirmed biker,
    How, all you kids have got to ride are Jap dogs?

Name me a real Bike you have ridden.....................