Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Reasons for banning

Originally posted here by ©opy®ight
    Jesus Christ, get out once in a while.....and if you were serious about 8 hours a DAY then im serious too...

And this site is becoming more boring every day with the same bullshit and the same members being banned over and over again ( i know, i know you can't control them)....but they're bringing the quality of the site down...and the same threads over and over again, "why did i get banned? "you called me fat, you called me that....get over it everybody.....If he calls you things in every thread then ban him not in just one or two, people dont get along IRL, do you kill them for calling you ugly...?

Seriously now....

Would I get banned if i attacked nihil personally and if you Gore (since its your policy on personal attacks to get banned) or Nihil weren't mods...probably not, maybe a PM or two from MsM or Negative.....think your policy over a little bit....

And i think whiz does deserve another chance, i was troll too..remeber that time, but here i am again with 11 dots and i dont even know 1400 + posts....and i attacked you personally before and everybody else, MsM and Neg too....so here i am, posting helpfull stuff where i can and when i have time to visit AO....
    I gave him another chance with his last account. I knew that was him when he joined. This isn't him "calling me fat" did you even see the thread that got him banned? Hitler said nicer things about jews. And no one calls me fat in real life and is serious. Or stupid. In "real life" the only things I'm usually called are dick, gore, Allen, and sometimes arrogant dork.

We gave spec a couple chances too. Look how good he's turned out!

I could argue this one for hours, but not on this forum I think. Name a philosophy forum Egaladeist, and I will meet you there.

Jonny SocraFrontes
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Hi JF,

You could argue the point but it would bring you to the same conclusion.

Eg

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Hi JF,

Actually...it's true...as Epictetus said we gravitate toward that which pleases our nature ( personally ), that is why where one person may be repelled by this, another may be attracted to it, according to what they see as their best interest.
    Our nature opposes anything we feel is against our best interest...so...if you feel it is not in your best interest to steal, for instance, you won't...if you feel that it is in your best interest you will...if you steal to feed a child then your interest has changed to prioritize that the child is more important to you than your reluctance to steal...so you are still doing that which is in your best interest.

We always do that which we feel is in our best interest...even suicide is in our best interest if we feel that death is preferable to life.

So...if someone is doing something wrong ( eg. the Spec ) you must show that person that what they're doing is ' not ' in their best interest or they will continue doing it.

Eg
    WTF when did you start smoking pot?

Hi gore,

It's simple...and true....it has to do with our natural inclination toward self-interest and self-preservation.

But I wasn't trying to get into a philosophical discussion...I was just trying to point out that banning the Spec won't get rid of him ( obviously )....so...if you really want to get rid of him you have to make it so it's no longer in his best interests to post here.

When I say best interests...I mean as' he sees it ' not as you or I may see it...unless he changes he could still be doing this ten years from now.

Eg

So how do you tell someone who does this to be a pain in the ass it's not in his best interest? "You're not ACTUALLY having fun being a 10 year old...." I don't think that's going to work.

Just like whiz kid: "You're not ACTUALLY having fun being an ******* to everyone here except 4 people and doing whatever you can to take cheap shots at .... let me see, me, Neg, TheHorse, Nihil....A lot of mods... and referring to everyone as below you because you think we are stupid and you like to make assumptions about why things are done that are NOT true, and then bitch about it for 2 weeks instead of admitting you were wrong and then having the balls to say it was actually I was was wrong and then saying I talk out my ass even when I'm not"....

Nope don't think that would work either. Both of them are almost impossible to actually talk to. To defensive. I've tried talking to both. It didn't work. Hell, if you want some real fun read my tutorial on Vim basics. His replys say how shitty it is and how short it is, then look at the post HE put in tutorials and how shorter it was and was .... nothing really. TheHorse moved it to another forum. It was just odd seeing someone who says this kind of thing about what I write than does one even worse.

The last account he made I gave him another shot thinking OK maybe he's learned his lesson. And of course it only took a few days to say "Well I got banned because Nihil and gore don't like it when you ...." I don't remember. Then I said "I knew it was you" He went on how I don't know everything and I should just admit that, so I pointed out "Uhhh dude the email account you used for that account, was the same as your little stories and your AIM screen name".... And the IP was like 2 octets off the other one. But then I again I don't "REALLY" know what I'm saying right? *Sigh*

Hi gore,

But then I again I don't "REALLY" know what I'm saying right? *Sigh*
    Don't put words in my mouth...I never said that.

He's a problem...was...is...and will continue to be a problem...until he no longer sees any benefit.

So...we can wait until he grows up...which could be a very long time.

I once suggested a long time ago that everyone put him on ignore...if no one can see him then the fun is gone...no audience=no fun...but that would involve the co-operation of the whole membership.

Then there's the legal means...I assume he could be brought up on charges of mischief, vandalism, or worse.

Banning is not working...it hasn't worked and it never will work...where I come from we don't waste our time on things that don't work...we find something that does.

Do you really want to spend the next ten years dealing with this?

Eg

Banned
    May I make a suggestion?

I am siding more with Gore (from the treads I've read) about banning little PIAs like Whizkid.
    However, like Egaladeist points out, make it boring for him and he'll leave.

He's a child and children will continue to annoy someone for attention until they are bored of it.
    (Dogs are like that too )

What do you think?

The last part wasn't pertaining to you sorry.

Oh, and, hehehehehhe:

I don't think trolls posting left and right is going to be a problem as it is now anymore Not sure I can divulge the info, but let's just say the guys at Jupiter came up with a GREAT idea and seriously looks great.

Hi gore,

The last part wasn't pertaining to you sorry.
    Nope, I'm sorry I thought it was

but let's just say the guys at Jupiter came up with a GREAT idea and seriously looks great.
    I was wondering when something would happen...with all the great minds this place has you'd think that even if there wasn't a way now that the accumulated knowledge of this forum could create something new to keep him out

I'm glad to hear it!

peace,

Eg