Thread: Windows Mobile 5.0 Password

Windows Mobile 5.0 Password

We terminated an employee yesterday and he turned in his Dell Axim, password protected and all. He refused to provide my manager with the password because he left citing that he had personal information on there. My manager, however, wants other information on the device and has asked that I find a way to get to it.

I've done some cursory searching, but I haven't found anything to work with Windows Mobile Device passwords. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know that the device isn't totally unusable, because we can give it a hard reset, but I want to impress the ole' boss.

You can call Dell and they can walk you through it.

You will have to provide all of the ownership info etc when you call.

Unfortunately, they weren't able to. They told me that the only way was to hard reset it. You could be right, it probably depends on who you get when you call.

I just did the hard reset rather than spend any more time on it. It is something that I'd like to learn how to do later on though.

Do you have the computer he synced it with? Im not sure but Cain can recover activesync passwords maybe it will help. www.oxid.it

that's a great idea, but i never bothered to take the time to learn how to use cain. i might take a crack at it now though. thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted here by infernon
    Unfortunately, they weren't able to. They told me that the only way was to hard reset it. You could be right, it probably depends on who you get when you call.

I just did the hard reset rather than spend any more time on it. It is something that I'd like to learn how to do later on though.

Hmmm.

Looks like you didn't get the right person I guess.

Device security is very tight and Dell has some of the best from what I have seen.

I know the way I set my Laptop there is no way it would do anyone any good if someone would steal it, even the HD would be lock down completely with no way to use it.

It would be a Door Stop period.