Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Page Fault Preventing OS Install

Question Page Fault Preventing OS Install

I can't get Windows to install. When I try to do a clean install, I get a blue screen with this message:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and then:

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xC25E9001, 0x00000001, 0x809904F2, 0x00000000)

Tried rebooting and running the install again, but I wind up on the same darn blue screen.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    My first thing would be to check the media... It may be being misread and causing the BSD.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

OK, not saying you haven't but have you made sure everything (Hardware) is working properly? Is this CD burned or valid? Does the CD have scratches? Have you tried another OS or Windows CD?

If you give the OS I could try and find my list of Windows stop codes for you.

Windows XP Professional...I've tried two CDs, in each of the computer's CD drives, and I get the same result.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Remove all the peripherals you can. Use the onboard video if it has one. Reseat all the memory and drive cables... Then try again. If the install goes right start adding peripherals until it fails out... Then you know what to change.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You didn't answer one somewhat important question though:

Were the CDs in working order and worked on another machine? If so then go with what the fish said.

Most of the time these are cause by newer hardware than the windows distro. Like a sata drive or something.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Could it be the CDrom drive giving you the grief.?
    I know i've had problems with different types of CDrom drives not liking to use windows install cd's.

front2back

Well, I tried disconnecting all the nonessential hardware, and removing each of the memory sticks, and I'm still getting the error...

AOs Resident Troll
    Have you tried a differend disk and\or drive as suggested????

I have seen this many times with a damaged disk ...or a f&*(ed drive...unable to read and continue with the install

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer