Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Page Fault Preventing OS Install

Well, oddly enough, it did turn out to be a HDD issue. I know someone said earlier that it had to be memory related given the error code, but a complete wipe of the drive resolved the issue. I presume there was just some sort of data left over on that HDD that was preventing a Windows install. Wierd eh?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    From a friend many years ago:-

Sometimes Tiger, this **** is just voodoo....

Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Well, oddly enough, it did turn out to be a HDD issue. I know someone said earlier that it had to be memory related given the error code, but a complete wipe of the drive resolved the issue. I presume there was just some sort of data left over on that HDD that was preventing a Windows install. Wierd eh?

*cough, cough*.............

Originally posted here by Nokia
    It is a problem with your hard disc or your RAM.

If Windows starts to install, then BSOD's you will still have files on your HDD, format , run a scandisc (surface) before trying to re-install anything to check your harddrive is ok.

The error codes are memory or HDD read errors not CD-ROM read errors ........
    Hope it helps!

Why does no-one listen....

Why does no-one listen....
    Maybe because of this

I'm sorry... I just couldn't resist....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Alright, you got me! Ya bastard! Am I ever going to live this one down???!!!?

No, im not am I! Bet you've got that bookmarked so you can bring it up in 2 years time!!

*nokia goes in search of all TS's posts from 2002!*

I promise that will be the last time I use that against you.....

But you did ask why people might not listen.... It could be a valid answer...

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Most of us were assuming you already did that ...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Yeah yeah...But really, I've never heard of data on the HD actually preventing an install. Doesn't a fresh Windows install end up overighting all the data anyway, good or bad as it were?

Well, it made sense at the time anyway...