Thread: Exchange server VS MDaemon

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Exclamation Exchange server VS MDaemon

Hi gals/Guys

We are currently ussing MDaemon as the Email server and after few days its registration

will be expired. So as I was planning rather than shifting to a newer version why not

move to Exchange server. Although i have very little experience about exchange server also

that was just in a test enviornment. I would be greatful if you guys/gals can answer below

quesitons: -

=> What are the benefits of having Exchange server over MDaemon or vice versa.

=> What are the pros and cons of having an exchange server.

=> How difficult is to configure Exchange as compared to MDaemon keeping in mind that I

have little experience about it.

I know i can google and even goto msexchange.org for information but i need help from you

guys/gals. As this would be help from people who actullay have experience of implementing

and managing this software.

We have around 150 email addresses at the moment and will be double within 3-4 months

due to expansion program. All using Microsoft Outlook 2003/XP/2000 even there are few

using Outlook express duno why they can't use MS outlook.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Just Another Geek
    Exchange has groupware and calendar functionality (in combination with Outlook)..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.