Undestructable

Thread: Undestructable

Undestructable

Couple of my friends were talking about motorcycles and a random though hit me...

What if yuo made a sphere of undestructable material..i dont know what material that is or if it exists...and you put an explosive with a timer in it(plutionium or whatever) and it explodes and has no chance of escaping the sphere...now i know the mass doesnt change when something goes from liquid to gas or whatever. But what if the mass does change(yet again i dont know if there are elements when comibed create a new one and change the overall mass but i think there is because i remember science class and there was something about that i think. So If the mass changes so much that it can't fit inside the sphere but also has no chance of penetrating the walls to get outside, what would happen ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    motorcycles to this .............. Yep, that's random

compression ??

gases compress
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I was using gas for example...let's say it's water or metal or something....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    in physics, if an unstoppable force [the explosion] meets an immovable object [your containment] then total annhilation is the answer ...........
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

You might like to read up a bit on "black holes", they are the compression of matter to the extreme.

AFAIK nothing can escape from a black hole, not even light..............that sounds a bit like your sphere?

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Ack pht Nihil you're too fast on the keys

If you jam enough mass in a small enough space you'll up the density to a point where you'll make a black hole. Every explosion has a corresponding implosion at it's centre, thats how nuclear bombs are set off. So you could sqeeze your mass down pretty small (see someones previous post regarding 4th gen nukes, laser compression etc).
    Unless you are using solar system sized amounts of mass the black hole would be increadibly tiny, probably much smaller than an electron. It could evaporate via Hawking radiation very quickly (instantly? Femptoseconds?) leading to Foxy's annhilation.

Thanks guys, that explains it...i'll come up with a another random thought soon.... much much worse then the circular mirror or this one....

Banned
    so ... a black hole of an electron size, while disappearing, will destroy the universe.

are you serious

will destroy the universe.
    Who said that, as i figure they mean total annihilation inside the sphere, as in all the mass would destroy one another and form a form of energy....

If the sphere was truly indestructible, the reaction inside would be
    prevented from expanding, and would be snuffed out or prevented
    altogether.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.