Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who knows?

Again........

This person can

1- access the server drives
    2- log onto the domain
    3- access their email from ONLY 1 DESKTOP
    4- log onto our database from ONLY 1 DESKTOP
    WHICH IS THE ONE THEY STARTED USING WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED WORKING HERE.

If this user comes to my desktop they can still log onto the domain. still access the company drives but cannot access their mail. I can anywhere on the network along with any other and access our mail and DB just fine. 1 user cannot.
    Thanks,
    jrumj

There is only one user (the newest user) at this small company that has the problem.
    Has he always had this problem? if so then I would check his profile, settings and permissions. It would suggest that he has been set up differently.

Originally posted here by nihil
    Has he always had this problem? if so then I would check his profile, settings and permissions. It would suggest that he has been set up differently.

This is what I thought also, because noone else has this problem. This account probably has been set up differntly but what would cause someone to only be able to access their email and out database from one desktop and not any computer. Is this a global accout config thing?
    Thanks,
    jrumj

OK, I haven't used XP/2003 Server so I cannot really help you there but I believe that you can lock a profile to a workstation.

EDIT:

There might be something in here that helps:

http://www.resultspk.net/winserver20...0_idamctt.html

Doggone it! Now it makes sense. The domain account is working. No problem. The configuration of Exchange access was not correctly done. Go back to the machine on which email access work and undo the Exchange email setup. Then, redo it--but pay careful attention to the steps. The original setup stored the settings in the local profile. That is why the user cannot access email from any other location.

I can't remember the specific steps, sorry, but there is a point at which the quicker-clicker will miss a significant checkbox or something to cause this problem.