Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get the popcorn...

Get the popcorn...

Bet this is going to cause a nuclear meltdown. As a kind of federalist I can have some sympathy for their boldness.

Woman's Health and Life Protection Act?

Bill 1215 Prohibiting Abortion

Bill 1216 Standards of Care

West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    both links go to the same PDF

but as a quick glance : double

what ifs that spring to mind ......

pregnant woman, car crash, to keep the woman alive the baby dies. Do they arrest the medical team for an illegal abortion ??

born of rape
    medical condition discovered that will kill child or mother [cancer, regarding the treatment of]
    mother HAS to refuse the treatment, or would she be seen as a child killer ?

mother has treatment, baby miscarries, do they go for the mother for failing to deliver, or those pesky med teams again ??

they seem to think that children are a RIGHT
    when they SHOULD be seen as a gift

and a bloody noisy, expensive [to you] one at that
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

do they go for the mother for failing to deliver, or those pesky med teams again ??
    No thats in there.

But little else. The whole rape thing is a disaster. It is not only cruel to make a woman carry the baby of a man who beat and raped her, it is insanity.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Well 2 things come to mind right away....

1. It's the womens body for starters, so it should be their choice?

2. If this is upheld,will the Government provide the nescessary means to survive for the Mother and child, or if the child is placed in adoption, will the State ensure that the child won't be forgotten, if the child is abandoned , will the State step in and protect the child. Does the State really care about the person's personal choice to abort, or is it based upon ulterior motives?

okay 3 things

3. Why do they have to revisit Roe vs Wade everytime a new idiot is elected, and because of their belief's try to impose it on others through the legislature???

Most of these attempts at re-establishing control over a women's body is born out of emotion, and using the Church as a crutch, can't they just leave it alone????

Oh and number 4

4. The reintroduction to the back alley abortions, this will make women real happy, and the quacks they have to go to........
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    No thats in there.

But little else. The whole rape thing is a disaster. It is not only cruel to make a woman carry the baby of a man who beat and raped her, it is insanity.
    Of course, it's possible an abortion may add guilt on top of it all.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Banned
    Jeeeezzzz - what's next, teaching intelligent design in schools?!? Oh... wait... never mind...

It'd be a nice experiment, though... I bet a stack of money that violent crime rates in SD will see a significant rise in about 15 to 20 years, because, as we all know (right?), Roe V. Wade is the main cause of violent crime seriously declining in the 1990's
    Get rid of Roe V. Wade (SD's proposal is a good first step), and crime will explode...

Of course, it's possible an abortion may add guilt on top of it all.
    With all due respect, do you seriously think that a women who has been violently raped is going to want to keep that child, what a life of grief this child and mother, will experience and love the child should recieve will not be there, as a result of the rape.

No one wins in a rape, not least the victim and her family, but to bear the perpetrators seed is abhorrent in the extreme......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

what's next, teaching intelligent design in schools?!?
    Actually these two things are really related. I won't go into the ins and outs of teaching Intelligent Design right now, but abortion and intelligent design are actually related. If you believe that there is a not a God who has designed the world and us then anything is acceptable. If man (and woman) is the ultimate judge of right and wrong than who's to say that abortion is wrong? If there is no God, who has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body? No one, of course. But if there is a God, who designed this world and even human bodies, than He does have the right to tell us what to do and how to do it. It all depends on where you begin. It's no big surprise that people who don't believe in God find abortion acceptable for the most part. If there is no right and wrong, why put yourself to the inconvenience of carrying for a child who will only bring disruption to your life (or who may end up being the greatest blessing you will ever know)? It all comes down to one question? Is there a God, or isn't there? If there is not a God who makes the rules, then what meaning does life really have anyway? If there is a God, then life does have meaning, even the life of a baby born as the result of a rape. My mother was not raped. But I was born in circumstances in which my mother could have easily justified the decision to have abortion. I'm glad she didn't.

1. It's the womens body for starters, so it should be their choice?
    See above.

2. If this is upheld,will the Government provide the nescessary means to survive for the Mother and child, or if the child is placed in adoption, will the State ensure that the child won't be forgotten, if the child is abandoned , will the State step in and protect the child. Does the State really care about the person's personal choice to abort, or is it based upon ulterior motives?
    All of these are good questions that need to be answered and addressed.

3. Why do they have to revisit Roe vs Wade everytime a new idiot is elected, and because of their belief's try to impose it on others through the legislature???
    One of the great things about the United States is that people are free to use any legal means at their disposal to work for change. The opponents of abortion have every right to do they legally can to oppose it.

Most of these attempts at re-establishing control over a women's body is born out of emotion, and using the Church as a crutch, can't they just leave it alone????
    I can't speak for everyone who opposes abortion, but my own opposition flows from what I believe the Bible teaches and what I believe is the nature of God.

4. The reintroduction to the back alley abortions, this will make women real happy, and the quacks they have to go to........
    As to the level of care and safety at abortion clinics not everyone agrees that they are "safe."

http://www.whatyouknowmightnotbeso.com/unsafe.html
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

or is it based upon ulterior motives?
    It's based upon a belief that at conception the fetus has the right to life. As do we all. It's that demarkation of when life begins that splits the ideology. But the whole desire for a state to force someone to have a child born of violance and most likely ****ed up genetics in the father is ... inhumane.

On the Intelligent Design issue I could care less. And RvW to me isn't about choice. It's about limiting government control. But I could also see it being a state run issue. Even in RvW she could have packed her ass in a car and gone to another state.
    West of House

It's based upon a belief that at conception the fetus has the right to life. As do we all. It's that demarkation of when life begins that splits the ideology. But the whole desire for a state to force someone to have a child born of violance and most likely ****ed up genetics in the father is ... inhumane.
    Abortion seems to be pretty violent to me. And there are women who could tell us about the emotional consequences of having an abortion.