Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kapersky online scan

Kapersky online scan

Hi there,

This is probably the most stupid thing I have ever seen. I went to run a kaperska scan today as there is something on my computer, and I get as far as the terms and conditions, I go to hit accept, and the stupid twats have placed an advert over the button, so you can no longer do their scans.

Is there a way round this? it seems like they have totally neglegted to think out the layout of their website.

In the mean time, can anyone recomend a scanner that you can actually start??

Jonny pissed off Frond
    Sarcasm is a way of life

If you are using FireFox as your browser, get the "AdBlock" plug in.

PC-Cillin do "Housecall" and Panda Software have an online scanner.

Yup, that's the one, thanks nihil.

You do realise that when you get up to 25,000 JonnyPoints you win a car don't you?

1 thankyou = 1 JonnyPoint

Jungle Jonny
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Hi Mr Frondo,

sounds like you're using Firefox? Most of those online scans will only work in IE

I wasn't able to duplicate your problem at Kaspersky, but if you keep having it you can always try TrendMicro Housecall.

Now most of the time, I am cool aclm, great to be around, funny and all round groovey guy. Yup, I got a big trumpet too.

And sometimes, stupidity and being a bit of a thicky creeps into the equation, though it is usually someone elses fault.

This is one of the times that it is my fault. To start with, I was trying to scan for a taskbar item I didn't recognise that turned out to be my screensaver.

And yes I was using Mozilla, and it worked fine with internet explorer.

Thanks for you help though, a couple of people have mentioned Housecall, I might give it a go anyway.

As it turned out, a couple of viruses were cleaned out anyway, so it wasn't all in vain.

Jonny bit of a Frondy today.
    Sarcasm is a way of life

"can anyone recomend a scanner that you can actually start?"

I usualy use BitDefender Online Scan

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Or if I have a suspicious file I will scan it over at Jotti's malware scan

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Lately the service has been slow, I trhink they are upgradeing. Anyway it scans with 14 antivirus products.

I too use firefox, I sugest AdMuncher for Ad blocking, its free at http://www.admuncher.com/

[EDIT]After checking into things it seems to be a 30 day trial, I only started using it few days ago but I dont see any adverts[/EDIT]

Hey Frondy...............is is true that you are a lefty bitch? or are all those PMs I have been getting lies?

And sometimes, stupidity and being a bit of a thicky creeps into the equation, though it is usually someone elses fault.
    Yes, you are outed!!!!!!!!!!!!1: Tony Blair/Gordon Brown........................you will blame the last "x" years of "Tory misadministration"

I predict a "New Lbour" (scumbag) meltdown..............cannot smoke in a pub.......fine..............cannot smoke in a PRIVATE CLUB that is a fascist nanny state............
    we have two choices, vote them out or kill them out.................

Scumbags should have been done under the trades descriptions act, long ago

"New Labour" should go the same way................and the British Taxpayer refunded for the funds diverted to their spin doctors?

And what free scumasons lodges do they belong to?

You can only trust a few?

Hey Frondy...............is is true that you are a lefty bitch? or are all those PMs I have been getting lies?
    Well ducky lover, it's all lies actually. I am a capitalist bastard from the off. And Tony blair is my bitch. What a great tory leader he is being, we are so proud of him here at the conservative party. With a little bit of Tony's cunning, Labour will probably disband and we can finally be a one party country once again, like when good ol' Mrs Thatch was around.

Don't know much about politics don't you know....... or computers evidently.

The Frond Party manifesto
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Hey Jonno~

Don't know much about politics don't you know....... or computers evidently.
    I don't know anything about politics mate..........I always vote Conservative

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hey Jonno~

I don't know anything about politics mate..........I always vote Conservative
    Hi nihil

That makes 3 of us...eh!....Lol....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson