Only on Fox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only on Fox

Only on Fox

Only on Fox

I found the link above in a muslim forum. Boy they're not impressed by its content!

Immagine that if it's already being heatedly discussed in a Shi'a forum online, that it's going to spread. Now considering that Iraq is mostly Shi'a and averything they've been going through all these years with US involvement, the recent cartoon thing, Israel still goin' at it, Abu Ghraib and GITMO, etc. etc. etc., this is just goin' to add fuel to the fire big time! Now let's look at the Mosque incident recently and blame flying in all directions, one theory being that this could benefit the US (I don't know how, but anyway, this is what some Muslims are saying), and now this! Without a doubt some Muslims will take this as a confirmaiton of their suspicions.

I'm sure this could add one more terrorist recruit a month down the road, as if Iraq isn't recruiting enough of them already?

It's definitely a good thing when they're killing each other.
    Get your enemies to fight amongst themselves, they'll
    be too exhausted to fight you. Actually, it's the history of Islam.
    Buncha backstabbin fools.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Enemies? I thought they were our friends nowadays... isn't that why we liberated them?

Could very well be the reason Bush need's to pull out, it's an opportune time for him to save face for what is basically a failure for his administration...

The sad part of that though would be the legacy of those who died, believing they could affect change in Iraq.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

But Fox must be aware that in this modern age everything they present will reach Muslim ears, and that they can choose to pass the message on to their Iraqi brethren. What's Fox trying to do; avert civil war by presenting the US as a common enemy? Oh well, it just might work. Fox are a real buch of geniuses (sarcasm intended)!

There goes Bill O'reilly again, saying starve those Afghans for their own good.

What a decent man. Can you immagine the ethics he must be instilling into his chidren right now?

Pacific Northwest
    In contact sports you have some games at home and some played away. Although we have an occassionaly scrimage at home, fortunately this one and many others have been fought away.

Connection refused, try again later.

The sad part of that though would be the legacy of those who died, believing they could affect change in Iraq..... [/B]

Actually change has been effected in Iraq.

If you wanted Strong Man Saddam to stay in power so
    that what you see today remain delayed and put off,
    then perhaps that is just the ignorance of the west,
    both liberal and conservative.

You saw this in Yugoslavia when Tito died, and all the
    groups in the Balkans had to have their day against
    Serbian hegemony.

You're seeing this now in Iraq, instead of waiting another
    10 more years of false stability --- enough for the false
    comfort zone of the West.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    ROFLMAO if the beeb or ITN put up captions like that the person in charge would be publicly burned at the stake.

It's quite worrying that you have a major media service that thinks that that is a perfectly suitable sentiment. I think you need to reclaim an independent media. Is it just Fox or are thay all that bad?

Thinking of Civil war in Iraq I have to admit that my first thoughts when this was mentioned was , "****, that'll push up the price of fuel". My second thought was, "are there any Iraqies left??".

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    I think the underlying question is "does Iraq really exist?"

I would suggest that it is merely a "creation" of superpowers/colonialists.

Look at:

1. Yugoslavia
    2. Belgian Congo
    3. Nigeria
    4. Pakistan/Bangladesh
    5. Northern Ireland
    And so on..................................

These "creations" frequently end up in bloodbaths?

Perhaps some sort of partitioning and a "federation" as opposed to a single state is the answer?

Hey, the "United Kingdom" now has a Scottish Parliament and a Welsh Assembly. Devolution seems to be the in thing?.............power to the people?

I know that the USA doesn't like it because of their Civil War thinking?

This has nothing to do with many of those people doing this stuff have ever heard of the 12 Immams? and the rest..................

I certainly think that "Kurdistan" should be an entity in its own right....................the World's largest social grouping without its own state?

OK, that might be a bit radical, so call it "Vancatistan" after the beautiful swimming cats of Lake Van?

As for Iran and Iraq, the problems are political. A very good friend who introduced me to the Islamic faith is from Iran, but studied at Damascus first he did not know if it were permissible to give a copy of the Holy Koran to an infidel..............he asked his mullah,who supplied one, and told my friend that he would go to hell for denying the word of Allah to one who asked

I used to fast Ramadan with him as a jesture of ecumenical be brutally frank, the worst bit is the not smoking

Incidentally, I am a Christian (Roman Catholic) with a lot of Islamic, Hindu, Jewish, and a few Bhuddist and Sikh friends.............Guys, it is NOT religion it is politics, avarice, greed and megalomania that cause all the problems

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Guys, it is NOT religion it is politics, avarice, greed and megalomania that cause all the problems
    Absolutely, but the cynical bastards use the religious angle to drum up the support of the ignorant masses. Unfortunately, the ignorant masses are too dumb to see the cynicism or they would kick the asses of those that incite religious fervor for personal gain.

Religion does so many good things but, by it's nature, it also can be used to do the worst things too - and it has been, many, many times throughout history - and it won't change. The problem is you can't deal with the problem from "outside" because a belief system cannot be cowed by force of arms or anything that does not fit entirely within the belief system itself _from_ within it. Thus, it is always a losing proposition and will, if the other belief system begins to pose a threat, end in war in order to preserve one's own belief system... Sad, but true!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides