Thread: Know of any *free* hdd imaging/cloning software

Know of any *free* hdd imaging/cloning software

I've already searched google and antionline and I can't find any free imaging software. I need to image my C: drive so I wont have to keep going through the long process of reformatting and installing everytime I need to fomat my C: drive. So I was wondering if any of you know of any good free software that can let me do it. Something like Norton Ghost.

Hi kyrios, try HDClone Free Edition 3.1.8

HDClone Free Edition enables you to move the content from an entire hard drive to another, larger one. The program installs itself on a bootable floppy or CD, and include it`s own operating system, so it runs completely independent from Windows. Once HDClone has created the bootable floppy or CD for you, you can use it to boot your computer and copy the drive content to the new (installed) drive, using a graphical interface. The free version is perfectly suitable to upgrade your existing drive to a larger one. It supports IDE/ATA/SATA hard disks and is able to copy up to 300 MB/min. The software does not recognize a USB mouse or keyboard (after boot), so you need to connect a non-USB mouse and keyboard to operate the copy interface.
    http://www.snapfilespro.com/gnomeapp.php?id=109804

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Awesome. Thank you so much Singh. I had actually seen this program before but I wasn't to sure if it did what I wanted it to do. I'll try it out thanks again.

P.S. Have you used it before? What did you think?

No, I haven't used it before. It was up on digg few days back. So, I thought it could help you out. I will try it for sure when I get the chance.

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Hey Hey,

Check out g4u (ghost4unix)... don't let the name fool you.. it's not specifically unix.. it's just unix driven. it's a handy little program -- http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l -- Ghost 4 Linux is another one.. (G4L)... very similar.. in fact g4u claims some copyright infringment against g4l, dunno if that ever went anywehere.

They're both clones similar to Ghost in many ways...

Peace
    HT

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !