Thread: Update to Computer Misuse act 1990 (UK Law)

Update to Computer Misuse act 1990 (UK Law)

Hi,

Just been been over at BBC News and read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4799338.stm

It seems a much needed update has taken place, however inline with most decisions made about computers by people in power, it does not appear to be a very informed update.

The articles main point (to me anyway) is that MPs just don't understand the complexities, and although they can be briefed about potentially the *correct* use etc we didn't elect the computer consultant who is hugely influencing the MPs, we elected the MPs.

As we all know it is one thing to explain computer security etc to someone who doesn't really understand it, but totally another for them to actually grasp the implications and reasoning behind it enough to make an informed decision...
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

Hey Shippers~ I really don't know what to do here, so I am moving the main post to "regulatory compliance" and leaving the link.............hope you don't mind, but it might help people in future doing searches?

Johnno

Thats cool,

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post it in anyway, but i thought it was definetly worth a post
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Just to point out, these are proposed changes and they haven't been approved by parliament yet.

Well spotted though Shipp, I didn't spot it on the tech pages.