Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: busted

His job is teaching geography and he can't even get THAT right ?!?
    Forget firing him over the tape... If people want him to lose his job, Mr. Bennish has given them all the ammo they need.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    In the UK anyway (and I doubt the US is different these days) Teachers have NO flexibility on the classroom. Children are not at school to learn, they are at school to pass exams.

This is why you now have lots of highly qualified useless graduates.

This teacher was out of line, I had teachers who would go off topic but never to extent that the lesson suffered. A 20min off topic discussion is a big chunk out of a lesson, I can see why the kids would complain about this guy even if his ramblings weren't political.

I'd like to know the performance of his classes against other teachers in the same department.
    If his grades are poor, he's a bad teacher with no excuse for off topic discussions and he should move out.

If his grades are good then his classes haven't suffered for these talks then he is probably a good geography teacher and he should be warned about politicising but he should continue to teach.

I haven't time to listen to the MP3 but I wonder if the kids were joining in with this 'rant'. Was it a lecture from his or was it a class discussion. If it was the latter I'd have a lot more sympathy.

Mind you, most teachers are ignorant arseholes who live in their own little world and look down their noses at far too many people. Most of them are thick as sh1t too.

Originally posted here by Aspman
    In the UK anyway (and I doubt the US is different these days) Teachers have NO flexibility on the classroom. Children are not at school to learn, they are at school to pass exams.

This is why you now have lots of highly qualified useless graduates.

I live in New York and we have these tests called the Regences. Only usefull inside of New York and thats all the teachers teach. Electives (for the most part) didn't have them, so the teachers taught what they thought was usefull.

I think the majority of textbooks out there are bogus anyway, I for the love of God don't understand why in grade 9 here in Canada I had to learn the stupid American Civil War, why? what the hell did this squabble have to do with my Country anyway, well we learned it, I surely do know who Stonewall Jackson is, and I know what the Merrimac is, but why is that part of my curriculum for back then.Who writes these textbooks anyways.
    If its a world history class I can see why (I had to learn the French civil war in 10th). If it was a(n) american history class, thats just because canada hasn't contributed anything

Originally posted here by nonades

If its a world history class I can see why (I had to learn the French civil war in 10th). If it was a(n) american history class, thats just because canada hasn't contributed anything [/B]
    Tell's me a lot......as a side note: I am sure we learned a lot more about your history then you did, as for not contributing anything to the US, that's fine also...

PS: I am sure your French is tres bien as well.....????
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Wow, I just listened to this tape.....my god. This man is a lunatic. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Everything he says is critically flawed. What really got me, is how he actually believes that the USA has intentions of wanton murder, simply to maim and kill as motive alone! He's the epitome of extremist, left-wing, "blame-America first", lunatic that has lost all taste for rationality beyond his own self-degrading prejudice.

I've always heard partisan jokes about the type, and even met a few...but never any this severe. I'm stunned to learn that it's not just an over-exaggeration and that some of these madmen actually exist.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Originally posted here by Evil Moo
    Wow, I just listened to this tape.....my god. This man is a lunatic. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Everything he says is critically flawed. What really got me, is how he actually believes that the USA has intentions of wanton murder, simply to maim and kill as motive alone! He's the epitome of extremist, left-wing, "blame-America first", lunatic that has lost all taste for rationality beyond his own self-degrading prejudice.

I've always heard partisan jokes about the type, and even met a few...but never any this severe. I'm stunned to learn that it's not just an over-exaggeration and that some of these madmen actually exist.
    Sort of begs the question...how is it this guy lasted this long? right, so who was asleep during his interview for the position..well you can be assured that his name is now in the data banks for Homeland Security, and his phone will sound a little differently then before....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

gotta love that stuff about bombing North Carolina.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.