Rent

Thread: Rent

Rent

Jonathan Larson was a F'n GENIUS....

I want to see it on stage now.... We rented the DVD (I walked into blockbuster and on their preview screens was a clip and all I heard was "525 600 Minutes, 525 000 Moments So Dear" and I had to see it)..

It made me smile, it made me laugh... it was vulgar yet profound... it made me cry... it made me sad... It was insightful yet crude... I've never seen something so multi-dimensional and I can only guess that the live version was so much better.. Immedately after we watched the 2 hour documentary that's on the second DVD... It was also amazing.. to hear the story... RENT is based on Pucinni's La Boheme... but it's also so closely based on Mr. Larson's life... it was amazing... For him to die after the last dress rehearsal... during the wee morning hours that would become opening day for RENT... not only is the show amazing.... it leaves behind a legacy that can't be touched... My only real goal in life is to see it live... I don't know if it's even showing anywhere still (I haven't looked it up)... but it's amazing.. I've only seen it once and I'm a Renthead.....

I even downloaded the soundtrack... Yes.. I said it.. downloaded it... and I have no problem with that.. I wanted to hear the music last night and today and now... and forever and ever... as soon as I find the power cable for my USB HDD I'll be transfering them to my iPod.... Also I have no problem saying it because in the morning my gf is buying me the DVD and Soundtrack for my birthday... I can't think of a better birthday gift..

Anyways.. SEE IT... I can't express that enough... especially if you've never seen it.. My girlfriend just said I'm scaring her how much I feel in love with it... it's the most amazingly beautiful melding of art and reality that I've ever seen.... It was unbelievable...

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Howdy..

The Musical is dead.

In fact, there's only vague evidence to suggest it ever really lived.

And call me cynical, but it's hard to stomach a $40M film about poverty and bohemia.

f2b:.

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Howdy..

The Musical is dead.

In fact, there's only vague evidence to suggest it ever really lived.

And call me cynical, but it's hard to stomach a $40M film about poverty and bohemia.

f2b:.
    Hey Hey,

I hope your kidding.... First of all the link you posted is for Sweeney Todd.. not sure why you posted that when I'm talking about RENT...

Secondly... it's very much alive.
    http://www.rentthetour.com/intro.html -- Currently Touring the Country
    http://www.siteforrent.com/intro.html -- The Actual home page... for the broadway play which shows 6 out of 7 nights every week..

Yes their the same page.. but that's two easy to find domains..

The musical and film are about so much more than just poverty and bohemia... it's about the AIDS epidemic... it's about friendship... it's about love... I don't find it that hard to stomach at all... It's a rather reasonable budget for a modern movie.. I would have to say that you are just cynical and that you have no appreciation for real art... but hey.. that's just my opinion as the movie is probably one of the greatest of all time... but then again that's just my opinion too.. or is it..

Rent is 7th over all for top 10 video rentals this week...
    It's also a 7.1 on IMDB already... after being out on video for a week... let's give it some time... because it's almost close enough to make the top 250 list.. and will shortly be on the top Musicals list... that's pretty damn good... Considering it's not your average packaged for the masses movie...

You can have your opinion to it... You're entitled to it.. just as you're entitled to be wrong about it

Peace,
    HT
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

HTRegz: Do I merely go into Blockbuster and ask for "Rent"? I'm interested in seeing anything, but yeah.. let me know a tad more..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    HTRegz: Do I merely go into Blockbuster and ask for "Rent"? I'm interested in seeing anything, but yeah.. let me know a tad more..
    Yeah definately...It's a musical... and it's called Rent... very simple... it's amazing...

Check out the documentary as it'll definately fill you in on more of the story behind it and the life of the creator Jonathon Larson.... It's great.

Peace,
    HT

Everyone has AIDS!
    AIDS AIDS AIDS!
    AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!
    Everyone has AIDS!

And so this is the end of our story
    And everyone is dead from AIDS
    It took from me my best friend
    My only true pal
    My only bright star (he died of AIDS)

Well I'm gonna march on Washington
    Lead the fight and charge the brigades
    There's a hero inside of all of us
    I'll make them see everyone has AIDS

My father (AIDS!)
    My sister (AIDS!)
    My uncle and my cousin and her best friend (AIDS AIDS AIDS!)
    The gays and the straights
    And the white and the spades

Everyone has AIDS!
    My grandma and my dog 'ol blue (AIDS AIDS AIDS)
    The pope has got it and so do you (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
    C'mon everybody we got quilting to do (AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS)
    We gotta break down these baricades, everyone has
    AIDS! x 20

Lol. I couldn't resist. Rent is very well....I think 90s grunge cliche. However, it's still a very good musical. Even people I know who resent them generally like this one alot. I'd recommend it.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic