Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are these odd connection attempts?

Originally posted here by ByTeWrangler
    Greeting's

Is your system all patched up ? Have you disabled NetBios ?

Kerio 2.1.5 is a very old verion and is affected with 6 vulnerablities out of which *3 ARE UNPATCHED*, One of them is a program exicution protection bypass vunerablity. There are no patches of it and the only way you can be more secure is to either upgrade to 4.2.3.912 (http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm)

Have you disabled any one of your anti-viruses ? Also I have never used kerio but anyway go thoroug the help file or if you know creat 2 new rules

1. Disable all additional protocol except TCP, UDP.
    2. Close ports like 137, 139 etc with a specific rule

If you can buy a new firewall then buy the one you like or go through the Firewall and honeypot forum and decide on any one.

Disable activex in your browser if you have IE. Win98 is a very old operation system if i were you i would upgrade. Or if you want use any other browser except IE. If you use firefox i would advise you to get the Noscript plugin

Post a Hijackthis Log we can give you more information after that.
    I just downloaded Zonalarm Internet security suite and plan on buying it if I like it. I only use win98 because its the only pc I can afford a p2 350mhz still works good though. I also dont use IE but Firefox where can I get the noscript plugin for it? Thanks alot your real helpful.

Greeting's

You can get no script plugin here : https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

Also this is my own personal suggestion I think you should invest the amount you are going to spend on zonealarm on Outpost its much more rock solid and better in my opinion. Also it filters active content.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

thanks

Originally posted here by ByTeWrangler
    Greeting's

You can get no script plugin here : https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

Also this is my own personal suggestion I think you should invest the amount you are going to spend on zonealarm on Outpost its much more rock solid and better in my opinion. Also it filters active content.
    Thanks I got that plugin. I also have been getting some alerts with ZoneAlarm now for incoming UDP mostly. I click smart defense advisor and check the ip's and they are from all over the world so I report the information to zonealarm. Also in the firewall\zones section I have two adapters one is called "loopback adapter" its 127.0.0.1. I can access the internet without this one is that normal should I delete it? The other is My network and it seems like a more unique ip. The scan also removed 3 adwares that I haven't found with my other scanners.