Thread: FireFox not working with links

FireFox not working with links

Hi guys,

So I created a little "intranet" homepage here and set it as my homepage for IE and FireFox.

For some reason, FireFox won't open the links....it just doesn't do anything when I click them. In IE it works fine.

I used FrontPage to build it, and all it is is a table with some interactive flash buttons as links to certian commonly used documents, pages, etc....just for easy and quick access...

Any ideas why it may be doing this? Could it be related to the flash buttons I am using?

Any feedback would be great. Even right clicking on the button and selecting Open in New Tab/Window doesn't do anything. But, it will work if I right click and select "Copy Link Information"

Thanks for any help,

jm

Hey Hey,

I'm wondering how you thought this belonged in Operating Systems .... I'm moving it to Web Development... since the problem is with your page... not IE... When you say flash is it actually flash... or an animated gif or something... I find people use Flash inappropriately these days..

Also what's the html look like to generate the page... I'm guessing the problem is that front page used something that's IE specific and doesn't meet the HTML specs so firefox doesn't know what to do with it... or it's something that's being blocked by a pop-up blocker or the likes..

Peace,
    HT

Howdy.

I'm wondering if you have toyed with the java settings in firefox? As i've had this problem with firefox before if i set the java settings to a certain setting i cannot navigate any sites with javascript in them..

Try setting your firefox java settings to default and then see what happens.

cheers
    front2back

Even right clicking on the button and selecting Open in New Tab/Window doesn't do anything. But, it will work if I right click and select "Copy Link Information"
    I guess you are talking about the flash button but I get a totally different menu when I right click on a flash button.

Can you please elaborate, how you made the link.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"