diff between IE and firefox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: diff between IE and firefox

diff between IE and firefox

Hi all,

I just want to know which is more secure - IE or firefox?

and which is more user friendly (easy to use) in between both??

i just want to know about your personal experiences.

i m planning to switch to firefox, just wanted to know is it worth it or not?

thanks.
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Yeah its worth it. I've been using FF ever since i found ouyt about it.

Plus you can instal add-ons or (extensions)..my favorites include (mouse gestures), X button on tabs, adblock (blocks almost all ads), ReloadEvery (set to reaload website every once in a while), and Google Send to Phone....just for fun to have it, not really computer related...

Plus on FF, you can use tabs and dont have to open new windows all the time...u can put your top favorite sites on the Booksmark toolbar, when theres an update avaiable theres a sign in the right upper corner.....its just better, try it...

and all i;ve found with ad-aware and spybot in the last 5 months are tracking cookies. no spyware whatsoever.....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

this proves that it is user friendly as well as useful too... but wht about security???
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Well ill tell you this, there are less security patches with FF then IE.and less hole found.....spyware barely comes through.....

i think this part of the article i found will help you

Firefox treats security as a promise, not as a creative arrangement. Security is a complex matter, and the Mozilla developers have opted to plug every imaginable security hole as emphatically as possible. In practical terms, there's very little that the user can unknowingly press in the Firefox user interface that will open up a hole in the security system.
    http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com...082833,00.html

another quote

So vulnerable in fact that over 100 million users have already switched over to other browsers. And the browser most have switched to is Mozilla Firefox.
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/firefox.htm
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Another nice little extension is "NoScript" this disables all java script unless you allow it permanently or temporarily to allow or disallow...

Been using it since day one (Originally used Mozilla Browser/then switched to FF), have had no problems as far as malicious websites dropping code onto my PC's, so between that and a good AV and safe hex, it's okay to use Firefox.

Some sites, may still require that you use IE, so if you do, I would recommend you tighten down your Active X applets options and security settings to high for just those websites you need IE for....

edit: This is just my personal choice, so read as much as you can, IE if used properly and updated with the security patches from MS, can be just as safe, but it is high maintenance, where as Firefox is low maintenance from a users perspective.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Firefox is *NOT* completely secure and without problems. However, IE is deeply integrated into the MS operating system, so you can have some real problems with security there.

Firefox will also be only as secure as the user on the system that uses it...if you run it as an Admin/Superuser/Root, you will have greater risk than running it as an unprivileged account.

NoScript is amazingly good at identifying java script and informing you (if you know how to listen) of what sites are actually trying to run in/through your browser (you'd be surprised), and I whole heartedly suggest it for ANYONE who wants to be proactively involved in their web surfing security. That said, this plugin is Not for Everyone. It can break sites displaying properly, and allowing the wrong script can instantly subvert any level of security you might have had.

I suggest FF with AdBlock, the Adblock Filterset.G Updater (auto updates are made to AdBlock including common adware addresses/strings), and NoScript if you want to go that far.

If you *really* want to get into the technical nitty gritty, here's a white paper by a leading Security Research and Intelligence group, iDefense.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Using the defaults in both programs, Firefox is safer. The absence of ActiveX (yeah, there's a plug-in, but don't bother) renders it far safer.

Besides, EVERY computer should have multiple browsers, simply for troubleshooting if nothing else.

p.s.-- user-friendly is in the eye of the beholder...
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

I agree with multiple browsers, i have IE, Firefox, MyIE2 and Flock on my system.

Originally posted here by 妯py展ght
    I agree with multiple browsers, i have IE, Firefox, MyIE2 and Flock on my system.
    I tried that Flock, haven't really stuck with it, how's it doing so far? it's what only a couple of months old?

I also use IE/FF and Opera, (Opera is not that bad actually and has a nice feel to it).
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

It pretty good so far, havent had really time to play around with it so much and i dont use it that often because it doesnt have plug in (extensions) like FF, but it has that FF feel to it....