Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: diff between IE and firefox

Now that we have thoroughly confused you, try all 3 (IE,FF and or Maxthon or Flock or Opera) and make your own determinations.

One other thing that I personally like about Firefox, is you can download a version for a USB memory key and surf from that..Portable Firefox

Slap it into any PC and surf away.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    The more popular firefox gets the greater the chance it will become a target itself...then...we'll see if it can stand the heat of direct and multiple attacks.
    ActiveX more than IE itself is the primary vulnerability in MS's web package. As for Firefox, it's been around for a couple of years now and is standing the test of time. As is Opera and others for that matter. I have yet to see a browser hijack in FF or Opera. Or popups from rogues lie Wintools. FF will always be a tighter package than IE unless you want to do the admin work. And most users don't, myself included.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Hi brokencrow,

As for Firefox, it's been around for a couple of years now and is standing the test of time. As is Opera and others for that matter.
    But that's because there isn't hordes of people looking for vunerabilities or creating ways to make it vunerable...everything has an achilles heel...and these ' other ' browsers really haven't been tested the way IE has.

Firefox is my main browser...I like Firefox...but I'm not going to lull myself into thinking it is unbreachable or superior...it's not...it's a good browser but it's not Fort Knox...and even Fort Knox has an achilles heel.

Eg

Originally posted here by dalek
    Now that we have thoroughly confused you, try all 3 (IE,FF and or Maxthon or Flock or Opera) and make your own determinations.
    yeah. i did it. 1 of the downside of FIrefox is when u are saving a page, the saved file name is based on the filename on web server (using the save page as). but the IE use the title of the page as the filename by default and it is quit usefull.

saving this page on IE is "AntiOnline - diff between IE and firefox.htm" while "showthread.php.htm" on Firefox.

Opera has RSS by default (no need to download plugin), and it's FREE too.
    I can predict anything, except future!

Relax, Egaladeist, I never meant to infer FF is "unbreachable". As with ALL software, one needs to pay attention to patches that are available and newer versions.

All I'm saying is that it is more secure than IE for it's lack of ActiveX. And like I said, I have yet to see the browser hijacks and rogue popups in either FF or Opera I often observe in IE. Using default settings, FF is much safer than IE. But enough from me on that for now.

AZL, the latest version of FF also has RSS by default, I believe.

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Hi Zencoder, its really surprising... I didnt knew that uninstalling IE will break OS.

No Computernerd22, i was not in the yahoo chat room... i left getting into chat rooms few years back... i dont get much time to come online either....

but it seems this topic is really hot these days thats y it is discussed everywhere
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!