quad SLI's?!?! lol

Thread: quad SLI's?!?! lol

quad SLI's?!?! lol

quad SLI's?!?! lol

AFLAAACKKK!!
    ATI has 2 video cards you can run in cross fire mode and they have dual GPU's on each card, giving you 4 GPUS's... That's about as close as you can get to quad SLI's .
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Who would need quad SLI? Any "gamer" out there that gets it is an idiot. If they wanna play every game max graphics they can wait a year and get a good video card and walla. Anyway, a 7800 GT is a great video card. A 7800 GTX 512 MB SLI is overkill. Still would be nice to have though.

Originally posted here by The Duck
    ATI has 2 video cards you can run in cross fire mode and they have dual GPU's on each card, giving you 4 GPUS's... That's about as close as you can get to quad SLI's .
    Find me the crossfire editions of ATI cards (or even MoBos) though. ATI has had all this talk about Cross-fire but nothing really has been released.

And I'm pretty sure that nVidia is working (or has) the dual GPU 7800's. I'm sorry but the next graphics card(s) I get are gonna be nVidias (SLI is a proven tech, and ATI's linux support is a joke at best).

-edit-

ASUS has the dual GPU 7800s

Toms Hardware

Originally posted here by nonades
    Find me the crossfire editions of ATI cards (or even MoBos) though. ATI has had all this talk about Cross-fire but nothing really has been released.

And I'm pretty sure that nVidia is working (or has) the dual GPU 7800's. I'm sorry but the next graphics card(s) I get are gonna be nVidias (SLI is a proven tech, and ATI's linux support is a joke at best).

-edit-

ASUS has the dual GPU 7800s

Toms Hardware
    You're talking about 4 months ago. Crossfire is going strong retail now.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102688
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131004

And it keeps up with sli.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Not when Quad SLI is in the market and Quad Crossfire is still in R&D. And I still havn't seen the x800 Crossfire Edition card (I've only seen the x850 and the x1XXX's)

The main thing that really does ATI in for me is the lack of OpenGL support, only recently has their support gotten better (I think it was either the last driver or the one before it) and only because of the crap performance on games like BF2 and Quake 4. And have you even tried to install their drivers in linux? I'm thinking I'm gonna give up that pipe dream (or at least until I become better with linux).

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Well I'm not going to argue with you, I'm an Nvidia fan myself , but there is no such things as quad SLI, at least not to my knowledge... 2 dual gpu cards in SLI or crossfire mode is the closest you going to get for a while...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Originally posted here by The Duck
    Well I'm not going to argue with you, I'm an Nvidia fan myself , but there is no such things as quad SLI, at least not to my knowledge... 2 dual gpu cards in SLI or crossfire mode is the closest you going to get for a while...
    It does exist, but it's bloody useless. Not worth arguing with him about it. It's more of a novel promo thing that gigabyte did a while back...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    It does exist, but it's bloody useless. Not worth arguing with him about it. It's more of a novel promo thing that gigabyte did a while back...
    Hmm, I didn't know that, it's more of a concept model though right? I highly doubt the general public can get their hands on one. Besides, 2 cards in SLI really doesn't improve performance that much, I'd imagine 4 cards in SLI would offer very little bang for the buck. It would be one very expensive computer...

Find me the crossfire editions of ATI cards (or even MoBos) though
    Tom's hardware did an article about it, you go find it...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools