Cyberstalking

Thread: Cyberstalking

Cyberstalking

Holla everyone, Does the product key on my windows OS help identify me on the internet???

Should one ever stalks me on a dial up connection, how can i stop them/hime/her from watching my online activities. Even if I use a high anonymity proxy, they can just about block me , all my traffic that is and if I use encryption, they block me so, how do I prevent them from detecting me whenever I am online cause evn if I use a different ISP on a they are there.... I'm a novice so pleae forgive my lack of knowledge .....I need your help
    www.smplayers.esmartmusic.comportable mp3 players in south africa

In an easy fashion: no. But yes, there are ways to avoid what you described above. Nothing dependable or cheap.

Hello, theram and welcome to AO,

The answer is NO, but the operating system can be detected, along with the browser that you are using.

There are ways to hide this information, or "spoof" it, but why would you want to do so?..............

Please do NOT take that question as any form of criticism, I merely wish to know what sort of threat you are trying to address?

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hello, theram and welcome to AO,

The answer is NO, but the operating system can be detected, along with the browser that you are using.

nihil,can you give some example of sites where i can learn how to do so..
    buat baik berpada-pada,buat jahat jangan sekali

The attacker can detect whenever I'm online and can just about control my connection from my machine on. Despite using a different isp oddly enough and after formating my machine in case he may have planted some softwae remotely. Thats the kind of threat he/she poses. Please let me know how i can spoof this information
    www.smplayers.esmartmusic.comportable mp3 players in south africa

Hi theram,

Something odd just clicks on... in your original post, you appeared to be posing a theoretical issue. At your second, you're implying that you are being tracked and presumably intruded despite the following:

a. You're using a dial-up connection.
    b. You're entering the www via various ISPs.

In the first instance, a dial-up connection is extremely slow that unless you "wallow" into a particular site (like downloading), very few DELIBERATE stalkers (why is/are he/she/they interested in you, BTW?) would bother doing a hijack into your system.

In the second instance, going through ISPs makes your IP identification depend on what is available in each and every ISP, therefore, making it hard for any stalker to readily identify you and probe into your system whenever you're online.

You failed to indicate what CONCRETE instances show that you were being stalked. [Unless this is a troll issue] You also failed to indicate whether you have any anti-adware or anti-spyware installed. Being blocked doesn't necessarily mean you are being stalked... maybe you are entering a website that is identified by your browser to be blocked, in the first place--check your browser settings.

A cute question... how did you manage to use "high anonymity proxy" when you said you were a noob? ... Just curious...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Hey theram,to try and answer your doubts:Spoofing the information that goes out of your system is not a generally used practice in security..for one it means a huge headache trying to make sure nothing useful goes out..for another it actually makes you more vulnerable..it is generally recommended that you try to prevent such a thing happening in the first place.Since most attackers would try to use a trojan or a keylogger the threat is not grave provided you have a good security policy in place and have a few basic tools for backup..an antivirus and a firewall at the very least..

Hi, theram I think that I now see your problem. It looks like you have a trojan/backdoor of some sort.

This will "phone home" and allow the attacker access to your machine. In this case disguising your IP is pointless.

Please get:

A-Squared

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

EWIDO

http://www.ewido.net/en/

Update them and run them in safe mode

Then run your updated AV in safe mode as well.

Following that, try an online scanner like "Housecall" from Trend Micro.

Take therenegade's advice and get a firewall that monitors ougoing connections.

The classical "wisdom" would be to save your stuff, reformat and reinstall. You will need a firewall before connecting to the internet to update your OS.

Good luck