Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WPA2 encryption problem

well i have a HP Pavilion ZV6005us and i have a broadcom wireless card (have no idea what model or what firmware as it came with the laptop) and i have tested it with WPA personal and it works fine i didnt not use any certificates and i installed an update from windows update for wireless drivers then it worked with WPA2 but then my keyboard's wireless LED went off so i need to rollback and the WPA2 is not working anymore.. so please advice

if windows update was stating there was a wireless driver upgrade availible you want it, mabey just not from microsoft. check your driver versions against the ones at the following link, if they have a newone install it, you might consider the user interfacce and the assistant as well.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...n&cc=us&os=228

No absolutley not. Just because Microsoft reccommend a driver update does not mean it is better, or any other site for that matter. Emphisis on the Usually! All it means is that it is newer, which does not always mean better. Yes usually but not always!

Have you tried using no encyption what-so-ever?
    Try hard-wiring it to your router and see if it works then.

It could be you are just presuming it is WPA2 at fault but there are lots ofother config problems it could be!

Try with no security at all and post back the results.

nokia you are correct in some manner, but the manufactuer actually released an update to correct an issue with wpa.

Yup, i know what you are saying, and agree but what I am saying is an update - especially one that MS update picks up - is not always a good thing!

//I know about the update you are talking about - I am saying in general is all!

hey guys... thanks for helping... i overlooked at an update offered my HP so now it is working after i upgrade the driver.... thanks a bunch!

That was the suggestion I was just about to make. I have a similar HP laptop and you have to keep the HP drivers and firmware up to date or things get funny.

Good to hear, im glad we could help.