I've run into a bit of an odd situation --

First time I worked with this user, her problem was that she would log into her computer, but her profile would be gone -- Desktop settings, My Documents, Outlook profile, etc. would all be gone. Turned out she was being logged into the default profile because her profile was failing to load for some reason. I ran an AV and spyware scan, cleaned out some stuff, rebooted the computer, and she was able to log in fine, and her profile, settings, and documents were all back as they had been. Problem solved, right?

Well, things ran smoothly for a few days, but then she calls back. She leaves her computer locked every night instead of logging off. She comes in one morning, unlocks her computer, and suddenly she's in safe mode. So I had her reboot the machine, and all was well again. However, I found it quite odd that she was magically in safe mode all of a sudden.

Today, a week later, she just called back. She unlocked her computer again this morning (remember, she always locks it instead of logging off), and her Outlook profile was gone, along with some of her desktop icons. Rebooted machine, all is well again.

So question is -- What the heck could be causing all these weird anomolies? I'm going to VNC into her computer later today to do some more malware scans, but I'm wondering -- could something else be causing all this wacky stuff?