Thread: Online shopping cart application

Online shopping cart application

Hi,

I'm looking for a free online shopping cart app which can display pictures of products, details, prices and the like, and has a payable utility via PayPal (at least). It'd be preferable if it could keep track of all the sales and, if possible, produce some accounting figures daily/weekly/monthly as well.

Please let me know if you've got a good one in mind - I'm not too bothered about the design at the moment, as I can deal with that myself. A PHP- and MySQL-based one would be great.

I searched on Google - but there are so many to choose from that it's near impossible to find the right one. From the ones I've seen, They're either commercial, or they're crap™. I would rather a local one than external one as well (that is, the application is hosted on my website and not on another one). I would code my own, but I do not have enough experience, and a more established application may be more suitable than one I cooked up using the handy O'Reilly PHP Hacks

Thanks in advance,

-jk

Hmmm,

You need to do a bit more research. Try talking to your bank, or at least check out "Merchant Accounts".................not as easy to get as you might think

If you don't accept credit cards then you will totally castrate the business.

Paypal might be your answer, as I believe they can handle the whole monetary transaction on your behalf, including CCs............try talking to them.

They give out a "free" commercial product because they are getting transaction fees.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...intro-outside.

Certainly get legal advice and check out liability insurance. And whilst you are at it, don't forget VAT, National Insurance and income tax

Paypal might be your answer, as I believe they can handle the whole monetary transaction on your behalf, including CCs............try talking to them.

They give out a "free" commercial product because they are getting transaction fees.
    Thank you - that was what I was looking for. This is not actually for me - I'm setting it up for someone else. So, I'll pass the PDF to him and then he can let me know about the tax settings (he's in that line of work).

Thanks!

-jk

Yes,

I think it is wise to separate the merchandising aspect from the monetary transaction. Leave the financiers to handle the security and risk side of things.

Also remember that card or paypal transactions can only be conducted by persons 18 years or over (in the UK at least).

I would still check out the banks and maybe some other collection service providers. PayPal may be cheap, but one does hear horror stories.............perhaps you should just Google them and have a read.

"Caveat Emptor" as they say?

Also you need to make sure that someone is keeping proper financial records, so that needs to be agreed up front. In particular watch out for VAT..............if you go over the threshold you will get a backdated bill of 17.5% of your turnover, and no chance of getting it back from your customers

Also, under UK income tax regulations this would be deemed as "trading" and taxable as part of your "global income"

Also, you might wanna check out this site: http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...rts/index.html
    note: some are free others are not..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!