Thread: Posting..... system components!

Posting..... system components!

Can we PLEASE make it mandatory for posters( initiating threads) to list their sys. components.
    We waste so much time & space asking them in subsequent posts just trying to determine what they have in their computers.
    Is this possible? Having it in the Signature space before they are allowed to Post would solve a lot of problems!

Just a thought..........

A nice thought,

Actually there is room for all that in the profile, but people don't fill them out.

The other problem is people sorting out problems for friends, relatives and colleagues, so the equipment is unfamiliar and might not be in front of them. Also, they come with a "video" problem and it turns out not to be.

For example, I had one a while ago where I must have posted about 12 times before I discovered that the box cutting out at 50c was because he had overclocked his video card

Don't know how we could enforce such a thing. I have added javascript tooltips to 1 forum to remind people to put their specs but that in no way makes it mandatory.

hmm how about a seperate NOTICEABLE form when you post a new thread in one of the threads you might as a question in, so you have the option to fill it out since you obviously and obligate someone to fill it out

Or, adding the computer specs from the profile on to where you put your avatar or something, or create another cell to the far right just for your computer specs so you dont have to ask for it..but if this is done maybe when you register you have the option to put your computer specs in (AFAIK that isn't available when you first register, you have to go to edit profile to edit it from there i think [been a while since I registered so i forgot])
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

The room is already there to add system specs to profiles. People just don't use it. Don't see how that sort of thing could be enforced.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Valhallen even prepared templates for this, AND they're sticky too

clicky
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone