Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN and HIDE IP PLATINUM

MSN and HIDE IP PLATINUM

hi

I have facing this for a time now!! Whenever, I use HIDE IP PLATINUM for working on the net, eveything works except the MSN MESSENGER!!

As soon as I disable HIDE IP, the MSN starts working again!!

Anyone know why?? and what could be the solution??

Thnx
    CodeNameVirus

I don't use MSN's IM however my son does.

It would appear that MSN Messenger has an issue with anonymous proxy servers and/or I think it may tolerate proxies only to some degree. However, if I remember right MSN Messenger likes port 1863 and if it can't find it then it looks for 80. Your program may not be utilizing those ports and I don't believe MSN allows proxy authentication via HTTP. Google around and see if there are alternatives.

Cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Greeting's

codenamevirus I hope you will not have a problem if I ask a question related to the software that you are talking about here (its my own personal question) if you have please tell me and ill delete this post.

Anyway coming down to my question firstly the product that you are talking about (HIDE IP PLATINUM) is the manufacturer http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/. ?

I've yet to go through the FAQ and other related information about the product but how good is it ? Have you tried it for a long time now ? Is it really effective, I mean have you actually tried out how good it is ?

<Edit>

Here is something to read out :

Q: Could I return the forum which banned me for some reason with the help of Hide IP?

A: Yes, of course Hide IP could help you.
    There are our suggestions:
    1. Clear your cookies and internet temporary files from Internet
    Explorer.
    2. Open Hide IP and register a new ID in the forum.
    3. Always login the forum with Hide IP opened.
    also the awards that it has received are not from very legit site's. Anyway i don't think this software is that credible ? anyone else has a view ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

What is this HideIP things anyways, a proxy? Someone please explain/reiterate..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Just seems to be another way to spend a 35 dollar bill.

Probably like Proxomitron, A4Proxy, etc. A program that looks for proxies off a predetermined list.
    The sad part is most of them promise the "invisible IP" stuff, preying on our desire for privacy. The concept is ok as long as we understand the limitations of the program.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Just seems to be another way to spend a 35 dollar bill.
    I didn't know they made those.. Yeah, thanks for helping me with that.. I figured that, but yeah.. *sigh* Silly companies and their marketing ploys.

You must spread your AntiPoints around before giving it to Relyt again.
    Sorry mate.. thanks though.
    Space For Rent.. =]

hi everyone

thnx for all ur replies!

The software I use is HIDE IP PLATINUM 2.32 and it is from http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/

I have been working with it for quite a time now. It actually works. Just switch it on, and it'll change your proxy to a proxy of some other country and gives u a new ip. Its great, as u can work anonymously and protect yourself from spying spiders all over the web.

Just yesterday, it gave me a proxy from Crotia and when I went to www.google.com, I was redirected to www.google.cr which means the software actually works fine.

And as soon as u switch it off, u r back in your country. lol!!

I also tried sending mails to my yahoo account, and in the msg headers, the IP was of Crotia, again. So, I think it works ok!! Untill there's another catch in it??

I downloaded it from the AO only!! Here's the link: http://downloads.antionline.com/file/27722.htm

Yes, it is of 35 bucks, but then again, I think it works good.

Tell me, if the software doesnt deliver, what it claims??

Thnx
    CodeNameVirus

Greeting's

I'm not sure if this extention is still there but the same thing can be done by adding an extention to firefox, I think it was called switch proxy. It also changes proxy every 5 seconds or user defined time. Its free and it requires you to enter the list of proxy so atleast you know which proxies it can connect to.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Howdy.

If you want to use an anon proxy while chatting on MSN then just set up the Connection settings on messenger.

Just enter in the proxy details that you are using at the time, and if the proxie program changes the proxy that you are using, then you have to manually change the settings again in the messenger..

hi

If you want to use an anon proxy while chatting on MSN

My aim is not exactly the way said above. What I wanted to say is, when using HIDE IP to surf anonymously, MSN doesnt work.

And for making MSN work, I have to switch off the HIDE IP thing.

Now, is there a way, that the MSN works without the need of switching off the HIDE IP software.

Thnx
    CodeNameVirus