SUSE 10.0 X issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUSE 10.0 X issues

fglrx is the config program from ATI (I think). From my experience its a pain in the ass to set up ATI cards in Linux, I havn't gotten it yet.

After you install the ATI drivers you have to run fglrx (and there maby a recompiling of the kernal in there, which is what I think I missed)

Banned
    this is a common problem with many distros that while attempting to cater to rookies, you must do things in exactly the proper order or the automated configuration WILL OVERWRITE your changes

I do not know what you have to do to fix this. I think, if you edit the xorg.conf file after setting it in YAST, then YAST should leave it alone if you change it manually.

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    It's a common problem? How many installs have you ever seen this happen to? You may want to rethink your reply to everything post whoring strategy a little.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

The Prancing Pirate
    Ok, I followed the instructions here, and I have encounted a problem while trying to run
    Code:
    sax2 -r -m 0=fglrx -b /usr/share/doc/packages/fglrx/sax2-profile
    I have attached the SaX2 error log. I'm not sure why it happened, because all the other commands ran smoothly. But when I executed this one, SaX2 did not start - it exited with an error explaining what the causes of the disruption could have been. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Thanks in advance,

-jk

(SaX2.log attached)
    TAZForum <---- click