Angry Be wary of the 7800GT!

Thread: Angry Be wary of the 7800GT!

Banned

Angry Be wary of the 7800GT!

careful! i recently bought the best 7800GT i could find by eVGA...was clocked at 470 mhz... overheats and locks up at 57+ degrees. the heatsink seems to be working fine....my case has 3 120mm fans, card gets plenty of air....but i had to underclock it to 448 for it work properly and not give me any lock ups

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Hi there Digoy

I got the 6600GT and it seems to lock up on me, I cant seem to find the problem
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

AFLAAACKKK!!
    You didn't overclock the 6600gt did you ...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

No Duck I did @ first, then u replied and said I musn't. Hope I havent done damage
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Howdy.

I'd say that you might of done a little bit of damage..
    If it's still only new then get your girlfriend or some female to return it to the shop with the receipt, and get them to exchange it or something, the dude's behind the counter will 99% of the time will either exchange it, or give a refund..
    Well it happens a lot over here in Aus, so why not.

front2back

Hey Front, you watch the cricket match on Sunday, we whipper you Jokes, was a great game. I will give the card another week because it seems to be running fine now. Just need a program to check the fan speed and temperature.
    Albert Einstein

just gogle for a programs.
    if you have asus motherbord they have a program called PC PROBE. google for it and good luck.