Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PC locks up

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Im going to try change my AGP for Pci express - dunno if they will allow it...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hmmm, slow down my friend!

From a previous post you say that you have a A7N266-Vm

As far as I know that will NOT support PCI-e technology..............it is an old board with a 200/266 FSB, AGP 4x and probably supports an Athlon up to XP2400.

I think that your current AGP video card outguns your motherboard as it stands

You cannot really upgrade that kit sensibly in my opinion.

There is a whole new generation of technology out there:motherboards, processors, RAM, video cards.....................

Just my personal advice

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

PCI

ninil I know that - I am saying if I can change my AGP for PCI express i will get a pci motherboard rather than an AGP. Anyway its hard to find a good agp motherboard nowadays and PCI is the new thing so rather go that, than have to upgrade in 6 months time.

No my friend, that is not the way to do it.

Start with your performance requirements and what you can afford and build a balanced system around that.

DO NOT build a box around a peripheral, which is what a video card is. Also remember that a lot of this stuff has actually advanced beyond the capability of current software to use it.

RAM is the most flexible, component because it is easily added and you do not have to buy it all at once.

I would start with the processor/motherboard combination that you want, then the best RAM to support them. Then look at your video card.