Thread: quick question

quick question

I would have googled this but i don't even know what its called. You know how if you hold the alt key and press a sequence of keys on the number pab you get various not on the keyboard charecters? Where can i find a list of all of the different key combinations and what they produce?
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

An ASCII table/chart?

// Neg beat me to it.. heh!

sweet thanks guys

hmmm it seems all i get displayed for about half of those is a square, is this because i am missing some sort of language pack on this pc?
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    That is the Extended ASCII set.

Most commonly the ASCII characters come from the first 128 characters of the available 255. The extended set are those from 128 to 254(5?). Many of them are "unprintable" and are shown as a square in many apps.

The extended ASCII set is handy for passwords because you double the available character set yet they remain valid characters as far as the OS/App is concerned... I've yet to see a PW cracker that even considers brute forcing anything other than the lower 128 characters. Hence a PW cracker that will crack a password with even only one extended ASCII character in it is very hard to find and makes the password "uncrackable" by normal means...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides