Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspicious Email from Noobie!

Suspicious Email from Noobie!

I just received an email from someone claiming they are from antionline and they need my help because they don't know how to post! Can you believe that?

Here is the message:

Hi... i see that you are online and I am new on AO. I need to know how to post a question. Please help.

--

This is a very suspicious, has anyone else gotten a message like this? The username is "joytome_4" but I did a search on that name and he/she doesn't seem to exist here.

Any thoughts on this guys/gals!

This has been brought up recently in another thread...it could be that he hasn't been confirmed yet and so can't post...and his question may be due to age or region and needs someone to clarify the rules to him.

The message is too simple and straightforward to be suspicious...if it was ' how can i access my girlfriends computer or hack hotmail ' then it'd be suspicious.

Eg

It is because all new members have to approved by a moderator before they can begin to post -- although apparently they can still email other members. This is in addition to the usual email confirmation.

Okay that makes sense I didn't know they could still use antionline to email it's members even though they're account hasn't been approved yet. That's really what had me suspicious because I couldn't verify who they were. Thanks for the info fellas!

T3h Ch3F

Geez

Greetings:

I have been gone to long......... new members must be approved before posting? Sounds like a hella good idea to me! I guess I must be working too much.

How in the world was I ever allowed to post? I must have slipped through the cracks on that one.

Good to be back though.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Hi architect ...

that was me this morning, when I just registered. I was just eager to post... I'm sorry if I cause any trouble...I really am new here...

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by joytome_4
    Hi architect ...

that was me this morning, when I just registered. I was just eager to post... I'm sorry if I cause any trouble...I really am new here...
    Hey Joy, welcome! Don't ever be afraid to ask for help. And you did not as far as I know cause any trouble. AO is a little jumpy due to a select few a$$hats who enjoy griefing ppl' for entertainment.

Do yourself a favor and read all the FAQ's, it will help you start off on the right foot.

Good luck.

AO is a little jumpy due to a select few a$$hats who enjoy griefing ppl' for entertainment.
    It was only one asshat that caused the moderation of new accounts.

But yes, a few asshats are keeping AO on it's toes...

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by Synja
    It was only one asshat that caused the moderation of new accounts.

But yes, a few asshats are keeping AO on it's toes...

Trust me, I know only too well who the primary person responsable is.

He did wish me a poopy Valentines day though, just before his 1200th acct. was banned. lol

Originally posted here by joytome_4
    Hi architect ...

Hey Joytome it's no problem at all like the other members have said don't be afraid to ask questions here. I'm just a little suspicious paranoid freak that's all lol. I'm glad you made it on here and posting. Welcome aboard!