Thread: openSSH Help

openSSH Help

I am in the process of configuring OpenSSH, I am having a little trouble with it. If there is anyone that is willing to pass along some info, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time...
    1001011100 code is law 10010111

What OS?

If XP, have you installed the manifest workarounds?

What problems specifically?

Hrmm, can you possibly be more specific as to your problem? I understand you are having problems with the configuration of OpenSSH, but what exactly are you having trouble with? Thanks, and I hope to be of help.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Well part of it

Well part of it sadly to say is my ignorince in it, for instence. I bring up mkgroup I manged to figure out that, its for the accounts on my machine (or at least I think I am right on it). Another thing is when I type in the command prompt, "mkgroup -l" I get root:S-3-95-*- and so on. I am still trying to figure out if thats the new group name of what. anyway thanks for the help

p.s.

I haven't tried any of the manifest workarounds, I am trying to learn more about security. I know basic stuff like setting up a firewall and antivirus. But still need to learn more...

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    So ahhh, your problem is that you need to learn more? You lost me.

OpenSSH isn't complicated it provides for secure terminal emulation and file transfer (poor man's vpn).

How about telling us what exactly you want to do and perhaps someone can assist. OS and version of OpenSSH would be nice.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I am using

I am using windows xp home (would rather be on linux, but anyway), I am using OpenSSH, I can't remember where I got it from, but I know its called OpenSSH for windows. I have used putty before and liked it. But to make a long story short, I am wanting to use a perminite prgram on my laptop, so I can do vnc's to my computer and vice versa. I hope that helps to better clear things up. If not please feel to free to IM me or drop a note on here. Thanks for everyones help so far.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Instead of messing with OpenSSH, why not use UltraVNC? It supports encrypted tunnels between endpoints, supports windows auth and also allows for secure file transfers.

It sounds like this is what you're looking for. You can find UltraVNC on the sourceforge site.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

cool

Cool, I will try it out. An thanks...