Thread: Minimize GUI process

Minimize GUI process

Hi

I know how to add an application to startup. I have an application to block certain ports when a computer starts up. The interface is a GUI with several options. I want to know a command by which once the application is configured it is started at startup without the gui showing up and the applicatoin working in background.

os -> windows xp
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

Take a look in the run > msconfig > startup options and see if it is listed as a seperate process from the main application. This may or may not work depending on where it gets the configuration settings from. But no harm in trying!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Instead of using an app to close ports which uses more resources why don't you determine which services are holding the ports open and disable the service thus saving more resources...

Sounds like a win-win situation to me...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    To add to the most excellent advice of my pal Tiger, if you alrady have XP, you can use the built-in firewall to block just about every port/service ya want. Of course you can do this after you optimize your system by shutting down unused services.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

hi

thanx for the suggestions however this is a specific case. Is there a command or option for this to be done using a batch file to get similar results with other gui applications.
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Write a batch file using:-

Net stop [service name]
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides