Goodday EXPERTS

I'll make e this short and straight to the point

What is the best intrusion detection System or software to use
    www.smplayers.esmartmusic.comportable mp3 players in south africa

Well.. my preference is Snort.

But why do you feel you need an IDS?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    What is the best intrusion detection System or software to use
    The answer to every question like this is, "it depends".

Why?

Because the question is meaningless.

That said. why not state what problem you're trying to solve, what kind of network you have, how many users, what kind of money, if any, you have to spend, etc., etc.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

WAit... Why is this in Spyware/Adware?

Moved to IDS and Scanner Discussions.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Well I use a dial up connection and basically I'm looking for a free affordable download. I feel intruders taking over my browser and it just becomes non responsive. Tell me one more thing too, I use a very stromg firewall, zone alarm, and an antikeylogger that sort of ecrypts everything for spyware programmes, i.e keystroke monitoring and taking screenshots of open text, that sort of thing. Does that sort of protection protect my privacy and all open windows i.e on a remotely controlling attack from being seen by these intruders
    www.smplayers.esmartmusic.comportable mp3 players in south africa

Just Another Geek
    ZA already has builtin IDS functionality...

and an antikeylogger that sort of ecrypts everything for spyware programmes,
    Probably BS.. Probably spy/adware and part of your problem.. Remove it..

Then run a decent Anti spy and adware program to get rid of all the other crap..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Enough.. this is a good thread with a good topic. The b/s posts have been deleted and I will ask if you only post if it's for the better of the topic.. Thank you, and please respect my wish.
    Space For Rent.. =]

huh why not play in a sandbox....

http://www.sandboxie.com/

clean ya box.. then patch it.. and when ya play on line.. play in the sandbox...

had a play on some nasty sites with no protection... and all the problem stayed in the box.. and died when it closed... hmmm

The Intruders that are breaking your browser have their best agent already on your PC.. PEBKAC.. be your own IDS.. or more to the point IPS

before you install a program.. do you check it out first.. and I dont just mean reading the programs fine print..
    see many AV's dont look for the spyware, and those that do.. probably wont see it in your new super duper PoS software..
    And once the software is installed...Your Anti-virus AND your Firewall will never detect that spyware ever again..

NExt follow the advice you see dished out to other users on these sites...

"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Sorry Spyder, I missed the alleged b/s posts, so I don't know what you are talking about. Don't know if seeing them would have helped me or not.

I have a question:

What is meant by
    Does that sort of protection protect my privacy and all open windows i.e on a remotely controlling attack from being seen by these intruders.
    ( emphasis added )

In any case, specifically what are you using? What OS and what products to defend your system? Some can conflict with others, some contain maleware themselves, etc. Have you locked down your system, and how? Have you used any anti-virus software ( what ) and when was it last updated? Have you tried on-line scans, and where?

And last, what type connections do you have? You say you are on dial-up, but are you also connected to any wireless connections in any way ( or have inadvertently left one active on a laptop ) ??
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes