Creating Live Discs

Thread: Creating Live Discs

Creating Live Discs

I'm investigating the easiest way to make a live CD with MySQL, Apache, and PHP (and a few other things) Do any of you folks know of an easy way to create a live Linux disc?

I'm looking at different Knoppix flavors and the Linux From Scratch livecd. How does one go about starting something like this?

Hey Hey,

Are you doing this to create a customized CD or just for a bootable server?

A good way to start would be to grab Slax Frodo -- It's only 47MB and is nothing but a bare bones Linux distrobution --

Then you could just slap on the WebServer plugin -- and whichever other plugins you are intersted in --

There's a nice short article on customizing Slax @

IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

I want it to boot with an apache server hosting an application in PHP connecting to a local MySQL database, nothing else.

(looks like the host of slax is useful as well

I'll check it out...

Just Another Geek
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Does it have to be linux? The FreeBSD source tree contains an option to "make release"..

Builds ISO images (installation and ``live'' file system) from the CD-ROM release area (disabled by default,see MAKE_ISOS below).
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

No it doesn't... just small, easy, and compatible... Thanks!