Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for "some" video codec

Banned

looking for "some" video codec

Hi guys. I got a movie that plays only sound in windows media player. What is the easiest way to determine what codec do I need to play this movie. Most of the stuff I ever d/l’ed played fine after I got divx, but this one obviously needs something different. Any advise or URL to a codec pack.

I usually use http://www.codec-download.com/ for all my codec needs!

Not sure which one you would need though - without more info on the movie you are tying to watch!

By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Hi

I have been using this, program Jetaudio in place of Win Media, and I have never had any problems playing any video types, also has a good CD burner included.

Luck...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Have you tried just lauching it via a double click. If it cannot be played, your player normally prompts you?

A good codec pack well it works for me is the K-Lite Codec Pack.

http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

Originally posted here by prodikal
    www.videolan.org
    The VLC media player is awesome. It plays all the video codecs I've come across, even that stupid X.264 codec that people have been using.

Here is a tool to tell you stuff about audio/video files.

It is not a codec pack itself but it might help you find what to look for:

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/index.htm

Best way i found to see exactly what codec you need is to use DivX player. If you try to play somethign you are missing a codec for just right click on the file in the play list and hit error details or something like that. You will get a little prompt saying 'missing xxxxxx codec' or something along those lines. just google what it says you dont have and get it. also i noticed that after i installed the codec pack that comes with divx i have had almost no missing codec files. divx is a free, and pay version if you want. dvd/media player. I just used it for its codecs and stick to winamp for my player.
    \"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Re: looking for "some" video codec

Originally posted here by unhappy
    Hi guys. I got a movie that plays only sound in windows media player. What is the easiest way to determine what codec do I need to play this movie. Most of the stuff I ever d/l’ed played fine after I got divx, but this one obviously needs something different. Any advise or URL to a codec pack.
    I personally dont like divx drivers, prefer xvid ones but...

Get gspot and use it on video file. It will present the missing codec (or an information about what is missing). Install just this one. Altough mega packs arent bad, they install a lot of b.s. in your pc that you wont never use.

Other idea is install ffdshow, that uses to work as a replacement for reproducing codecs.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.