Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Another way to task manager please

Originally posted here by JonnyFrond
    Missy Morgan, I am a very strong, hansom and charismatic guy. The guy your mother warned you about. I don't take blame, and I have nipped that in the bud already, and everyone in the house has agreed that if it dies it dies. And to be honest I bloody hope it does, as I live on the second floor of a tall house, and it is the closest thing to a TV that I can throw out of the window.

Mr Nihil, I agree about the HDD, I think it is on it's way out, though I am gonna do all that and see what happens.

Miss Morgan (Appended) The stupid cow threw away all the installation discs, so a reinstall is not that much of an option, Or is it? feedback on this please.

Kind regards, all you fluffy geeks

Fruuuuuuuuuuurk
    Hey bro. If you're going to do any reinstallation, gather your materials first. Go to the manufacturer's website and enter in the service number on the back. You can download all the software and drivers from the site for free. Now a days the OEM wont give you a reinstall disk and opt to use some type of Symantec software to go back to the original installation. Check to see if this is an option. If it is an option, give it a try. If it doesn't work, call tech support and see if they can do anything for you as far as a key.

Ok then guys, i have had it up to here ^ with this laptop. I have done all the updates, nearly 60 of them, i have scanned with spybot, ad aware and ewidow untill the casing started to disolve, put spyware blaster on it, run mcafee stinger, regcleaner, CrapCleaner (though I don't think it worked, as the laptop and the owner were still there when it finished) I put avast antivirus on it, and zonealarm. I stopped about 20 startup programs, so that there were only antivirus, firewall, and hardware related processes starting up (God knows why I can't stop messenger on this stupid doorstop).

Now it boots up, the ntoskrnl.exe is now fixed, it takes about 10 mins to boot up fully (which is not bad) Ctrl Alt Del still doesn't work, neither does chkdisc, and I could not get a squared to register, so have not been able to run that (which I might add, is crap in itself, great program, though you can't actually run it on a machine that needs it) I am not touching this laptop again, and anyone that has a go at me about it will get an ax impaled in their spine. Though the landlady is already due for that, as she told me that she fantasises about me, the other day, which made me feel ill.

What else, oh yeah, there is a lovely girl on the second floor who is so hot it hurts, but she is a christian and doesn't beleive in sex before marage, SO STOP DRESSING LIKE THE SEXIEST ROCKER IN THE WORLD, and I do find it amusing to sit in the conservatory, and watch cats stealthely walk across the roof thinking no one can see them.

I think that covers it, I am now just off to smear jelly in a traffic wardens face and stick a baloon up his arse as punishment for living.

This is Jonny Frond signing out on this thread for the last time, unless I get any better offers.
    Morgan, I look a bit like Jonny Depp, and you're not allowed to fantasise about me either, unless you look like Kate Beckinsale...........;o)

Heeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeee's Jonny
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Formatting will let you start ALL over again...

“Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Formatting will let you start ALL over again...
    But you need the disks to do that

AOs Resident Troll
    Morgan, I look a bit like Jonny Depp, and you're not allowed to fantasise about me either, unless you look like Kate Beckinsale...........;o)
    Thats whats so great about the internet.....I can look like whoever you want

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by JonnyFrond
    Ok then guys, i have had it up to here ^ with this laptop.

Just hope it is not this brand new laptop you have been f*****g around with

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=274047
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

wish it was!

Same woman, or thing as I like to call her, different laptop. Actually though, she is more than capable of ****ing her own laptop, which is more likely than she is with me. Horrible, granny bummed thing that she is.

Studly Frond
    Sarcasm is a way of life

which is more likely than she is with me.
    Now! Now! Jonny,

"There is many a fine tune that can be played on an old fiddle"

hee, hee

Many a lost cause have been recovered with the aid of a live OS CD and a bit of gentle Registry editing..

I will mention: Bart PE and Irongeek .. handy tool.. and good tutorial..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

"There is many a fine tune that can be played on an old fiddle"
    That's as maybe, but I prefer beautifull 20 something fiddles with model looks, anything short of tha can take a running jusmp.

having said that Nihil, if you would care to come round and service the landlady for me, I will make it worth your while. ;o)

Jonny the Pimp
    Sarcasm is a way of life