Thread: Freeware programs for Dual Monitors..

Freeware programs for Dual Monitors..

Howdy..

I'm looking for a good FREE program for dual monitors. I have used ultramon and love it but its $40US to by so after conversion rates its like $55~$60 and I don't think its worth that much.

So looking for a good free program. The main feature I'm after is a button next to the minimise buttons which will send the window to the second monitor. And also a way to span backgrounds accross the two monitors.

cheers
    front2back

Just Another Geek
    It might be a good idea to state the OS I'm assuming XP though..

Any perticular videocard? I know some videocard software already has this functionality built-in..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by SirDice
    It might be a good idea to state the OS I'm assuming XP though..

Any perticular videocard? I know some videocard software already has this functionality built-in..
    Howdy.

I knew i was forgetting something.

Anyhow 0s is win98Se, Xp Pro can be installed if necessary. But i'm hoping to keep 98 on the box..

Videocards are Nvidia GeForce MX 4000. 64Mb each < - x2
    And the monitors that are to be used are x2
    17" flat screens.

cheers
    front2back

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, don't know if this might be of some help: MultiMon Taskbar. Been using this at VMWare and it's great. Makes it easier to split out my laptop and regular monitor applications.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Howdy.

MsMittens thanks for that..
    Move To Monitor Button
    One remarkable feature is the Monitor Button. It adds this button to every window and by clicking on it it will move the window to the other monitor. The arrow even change direction to point to which monitor it will move...
    Exactly what i need/want.

But...
    Limitations
    Please note, this is a free software I wrote for my own purpose. Here are some limitations:

* Works only on XP and 2000
    Well i guess i'm just gonna have to back up data and format and install winXP then..

antipoints are in the mail, remember to shake before eating.

cheers
    front2back

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Heh. It works really well. I have IE on my 2nd monitor. So everytime I open up an IE window it pops up there. We're supposed to be getting a flat-panel screen so I'll have three monitors to play with at that point: one for research, one for tracking cases and one for personal crap (e.g., AO). LOL

XP is more stable than 98 anyways... But that's my opinion..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage