login problem in SUSE 10.0

Thread: login problem in SUSE 10.0

Faridabad, Haryana, India

login problem in SUSE 10.0

I was using SUSE LINUX 10.0 for quite a time now, until today!! I wasn't able to login in my user area, nor was anyone else able too.

When I enter the password and press enter, a black screen appears and then it shows the login screen again. I tried entering the login details again and again but it didnt worked out!!

If I enter a wrong password, it showed the warning abt the wrong password, just as usual. But, I wasnt able to login even if I entered the right password!! (coz of the above thing)

I dunno what the heck is goin on......but I seriously dont want to re-install!!!

Something may have happened to the Window Manager you use. Hold down ALT and CTRL, then hit F2 to go to a console. Trying logging in there. If it works it's X. If you're using KDE and you can't log in but you CAN log in over a console, just log in as yourself and type this:

rm -rf .kde

That will take out your KDE settings folder and should allow you to log in. This happened to me one time and I wasn't sure why but after deleting that folder I could log back in.

I am facing a similar problem and i tried the solution but it dint worked for me. Is there some way to login using default settings. I also dont want to reinstall suse.

Here i stated my problem:
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.