Thread: Yahoo Ads only for US users

Yahoo Ads only for US users

Hi everyone,

My feelings about advertisements aside, still found this article interesting. Curious if they are actually allowed to do this??

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/03/22...u_use_our.html

Personally, I think if yahoo does not want non-US surfers to see the ads, they should block them themselves, and not force the users of ads to block them. Also, can anyone speculate as to why they have this clause in their EULA? One would think that having a global audience exposed to ads would be a good thing (for a company anyway).

-ik
    Alright Brain, you don\'t like me, and I don\'t like you. But let\'s just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.
    -- Homer S.

Errrrrr,

Maybe Yobbo! are worried that someone might use "unpopular" cartoons in their adverts?

I guess that it is in the eyries of the legal eagles?

It's their way of combatting click fraud. Now if they would just
    stop advertising altogether...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

It's their way of combatting click fraud
    Nope, click fraud is as likely to come from within the US as from outside it, and from what I have read they are quite capable of detecting foreign traffic.

What they do not seem to be capable of is blocking that traffic themselves and are putting the onus on their publishers, many of whom are obviously incapable of implementing such a measure selectively.

It is obviously something to do with the terms of the Beta and their desire to screw money out of the advertisers as quickly as possible, before they have had a chance to audit the traffic.

They have so far been unable to offer a ready made and easily implementable solution to their publishers.