Thread: firefox problems

firefox problems

firefox wont let me save web pages to bookmarks or let me add search engines to
    browser list any suggestions on how i can fix this?

This may not be the answer most people would give you...but...I find that 'sometimes' it's easier just to re-install than to waste your time trying to solve a problem.

Firefox is an easy re-install...and it's usually quick and painless.

Eg

ok thanks Relyt, ill check me settings

Hi

Added to what Eg recommends, if you do the uninstall/re-install route, remember to manually delete the Mozilla/Firefox folders, the uninstall will leave these behind and if your profile is corrupted will be there again on an install.....

Luck...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Yeah, sounds like your userid doesn't have permission to save or modify files as needed.

From there, it's simply a matter of determining what folders/files have the incorrect permissions, and granting them as needed.

Since you haven't provided much info on what platform you are running, which version of firefox, or your user/environment settings, we can only presume to help.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore